Greensleaves-RicksPick

Lavallee

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Rick , you have this one under your belt, it sounds really good. As David mentioned you should use all your fingers at the right position (home position as Neil says).

It is really easy to developped a fingerpicking position that will limit you down the road. For me I would never use my ring finger until I came to this site. It is extremely difficult and time consuming to change a comfortable approach that you have developped to the proper positionning (home position). I am only beginning to be comfortable now .Once you will start working on faster fingerpicking songs, they will become much more challenging if you do not use the right fingering.

But your playing did sound very good

Marc

BobR

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi Rick,

Sounds like you have all the parts and like you said a little smoothing out and you'll have it.

Good Job

Bob

suziko

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Nice job, Rick! This song is much more challenging than it looks (I think it's rated just a 2), but you did a nice job with it. You played it slightly differently than the way I'm used to hearing it (you skipped the 2nd time through on the 2nd part, and transitioned back to the first part, if that makes any sense), but it sounded nice that way, too.

Thanks for posting! Suzi

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 am

Good job Rick, I agree with a couple of comments i.e. Bills point about right hand thumb and also Marc? mentioned introducing your middle and ring finger into the equation, for a long time i only used two fingers and am trying to introduce all three.

Good on ya mate liked it

willem

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 am

I liked it,, no comments,,wish i had this one under my skin..

weldone..

AndyT

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:44 am

Rick, Did I miss this one too? I miss so much sometimes. Dratted medications...

You have the same problem I do. Fingernail buzz. Drives me crazy! I play the note perfectly but my fingernail is too close to the string and I get buzz on it. I'm working on it but I know its a matter of practice. You did good. Nice vid. Keep it up.

RicksPick

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:32 am

Thanks Everyone for the kind comments
Astonished
Suppose that's self criticism

Stuart, oppps not used a metronome for awhile,
Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks Kevin, Mark, mmmbldo, Izzy, Bob, willem,
Makes me feel good to receive such comments.

Marc oppps again that's how I learnt it, not concentrating on witch fingers I was using, Dohh!

Suzi Suzi carn't get anything past you, lol
yep got a bit lost there, have to say thanks to you and Michelle for your video's they were a big help, Thanks.

Thanks chas more homework to do.

Andy, you got a good ear there, makes me cringe every time lol.

Thanks for the video quality comments everyone

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:06 am

Missed this one til now Rick. Great job, all the notes definitely in the right order! Well played Rick! You are moving smoothly along.

jayswett

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:33 am

Your best video yet. Very nice job.

jayswett

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 am

Just watched this again. All the versions I've seen of this (Suzi, Michele, and now this) make it sound so nice, and yet you all make it look easy. I struggled with this song back in December, and I'm not willing to wait another 11 months before tackling it again. Thanks for the kick in the pants, and congrats on posting this nice video. As I already indicated, I think this is your best performance.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic