A different Linus

izzyhara

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:01 pm

So before Charlie Brown, there was Linus the Lionhearted. It was a cartoon show a very long time ago. This was the theme song from that show. And although I have other things ready to put up here, this one is short. I tried recording with the lyrics, but I did this on my computer webcam so you could either hear my voice (yuck) or the guitar.
I just wanted to learn how to put something up here. But actually, it is rather interesting to watch yourself play. To me the sound doesn't seem lined up with the guitar strokes....but oh well. Enjoy !!

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 pm

HI Izzy well done getting a vid up so quick .. Sounded ok to me not familiar with the song at all. Pity we couldn't see your right hand also, as for feedback the only thing would be position of the left hand thumb a bit high and the hand should be further down. I'll give it another look tonight when I get back from work,

Well done

Good on ya mate

dekotaj

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Thanks Lizzy.And I did enjoy,it not sure I remember that cartoon.But sure liked the way you played it.Cant wait to here the rest of your post.

Kevin

wrench

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Izzy,

Tech checks. Everything looked and sounded fine. Can't comment on the audio sync, though, because the right hand was out of the shot.

Your first video in about a week and a half - commendable, and welcome to the club. You get Pizza Points for that!

Yes, it is interesting to watch yourself play. I find the song has an entirely different feel watching the playback than it had when actually playing it.

I know that was just a dry-run for you, so I'll be looking forward to your version of Canon in D Major any moment now. Maybe after pizza.....

Dan

suziko

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:18 pm

What a pretty song, Izzy!! I agree with Chas, though: next time make sure we can see your right hand. I am curious as to what you were doing with it!

Thanks for posting,

Suzi

BigBear

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Izzy- I don't know that song at all but you did a very nice job with it! Thanks for sharing it with us! :cheer:

willem

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:40 pm

IZZY,nice theme,, how did it feel?..you sat comfortly and the progression came nicely along,,, before you put up a Bourree or that canon in D MAJ, can you do first the ''pink panther'' theme.. if you like.. cheeeessseee points to you :)

johnrfeeney

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:43 pm

very pretty - summer-like

tovo

Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Nice work for posting so soon Izzy. Sounded nice to me.

lmc831

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:16 pm

I liked the song. Your guitar sounds really good!

Lisa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic