Izzy Bravely Practices

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Well what can I say for 3 weeks back that was very good. A bit of ingenuity there with the mic , good thinking it sounded fine. My daughter used to play crosslegged on the floor don't know how you can do that. Good intro, I think its nice when folks intro the song, we should start the Talky TG club!

Nice sounding guitar hmmm i've been looking recently for a new acquisition it might just be an acoustic/electric nylon with cutaway though, brand don't know yet.

Keep em coming girl like your style!

Chas

tovo

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 pm

TGMatt wrote:

I can promise you I am president of the SUCK club nationwide..
Hey c'mon Matt don't sell yourself short mate. I'm sure you could run for International SUCK club president if you put your mind to it.

Izzy, cool video and kudos for throwing it up. Your years of experience are obvious. Thanks for the look.

AndyT

Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:59 am

Izzy,

The better we get the harder we are on ourselves. So just quit because you are already playing stuff I'm not up to yet. Excellent practice session! Keep it up and soon it will be like you never put it down.

willem

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:38 am

Well Izzy i could see you picked the bike out of the shed,,,i wish i could stretch like that,,but i work on it,, loved to see you play like that,, not smooth but i think that you ride the bike again in no time,, love also at the end that little smile...cheeessseeee point's again..

Yamaha48

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Hello Izzy.

Nice to see you fore the first time,on video here.
Nylon strings on it?.
Thanks fore sharing,i hope more to see from your hand.

cheers Anton

izzyhara

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks to all of you. That actually couldn't really be considered a practice session, or I would have corrected every mistake.
Here's my comments to your comments:
My classical guitar instructor would be horrified to see me playing cross-legged on the floor. Proper chair, foot rest, yada yada. But remember I started playing as a pre-teen, so I think I can play anywhere - lying in bed, on the john, cross-legged, etc. I don't play aswell when not in proper position.
The music I have for that song does not have a title or a composer. Probably Carcassi, cuz you play a lot of him when studying classical.
I wish my classical had a cutaway as I am learning Never Going Back Again on the classical and that high barre chord is really hard without a cutaway. I just don't want to tune my one acoustic guitar to any specialty tuning and I have two classical guitars so one becomes the one I learn on. I did buy myself another acoustic guitar for my birthday (shame shame !!) but nothing fancy. But you will probably never see one of those snobby classical guitarists with a cutaway.
I liked recording on my laptop. I just need to figure out the sound thing. I know the laptop has a mic. I just couldn't get it to pick up the sound like I wanted. Anyone got any ideas? Should I get a real microphone for my laptop? I also noticed on YouTube that you can record directly there using your webcam.
Yea, if you want a great workout for your hands, play this song. Talk about stretch. Not bad for almost 60 year old hands. It took me lots of years to get my pinky finger to operate independently.
Anyway, thanks much for letting me experiment. You all are the BEST!

willem

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Izzy,, there is a group here you can add
(Join),,AUDACITY,,give it a look,,its a programm that you can free download and recording your sound on, i believe in the same time you recording film,, have a look at a recording in the students review by Jayswet,,the singing voice he recorded apart from his own playing,....SEE YA

mark

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi Izzy
I know this song as well. Like you I don't know who it is by or what it is called.
You definately picked a difficult song for 3 weeks back.

lmc831

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Izzy,

That was a pretty piece of music. Would like to know it. I also tend to sit on my bed and play my guitar, crosslegged... while, my dog jumps on the bed and sits on my sheet music! thanks for posting your video. Look forward to your next one.

Lisa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic