Wondering aloud - Jethro Tull

Lavallee

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Snipe, the video looks very good, the Tull sound is coming out clearly and the strumming pattern is cpnvincing.

Very Nice

Marc

BigBear

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Snipe- Great job buddy! I love that song, too! I've been watching a certain German on YouTube and have been picking through it. Still one of Ian's best!

Thanks for posting it!

:cheer:

stratman3

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Excellent!!!, Nice chord changes, very smooth. nice command of the song, sounds like you own it. I totally forgot about that song, have not heard it in years, that's a must to learn.
Gary B)

tom18

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Snipe,
Well done. Very evocative of hearing Tull play that song at my (small) college in '71.
'Wondering aloud, will the years treat us well...'
I have to say they did indeed.
Thanks,
Tom

snipe

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:28 am

izzyhara wrote:
I think this is awesome !!! I love the song, but today I am all about getting to know you guys. And this lets me get to know you. You play very well, and your voice works for this song really well.
As someone who just put herself "out there" big time today, I am so proud of you. And now I want to add this song to my repertoire.
See I think we should have a space on the forum where we put stuff like this that we don't necessarily need critique, or need Neil to see it. It is just us getting to know each other. Well done, my friend.
Thanks for the kind words. I agree with you about the forum.

Snipe

snipe

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:33 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Nice, it's about time that a Tull song popped up on TG.

Well played, very convincing arrangement. My only suggestion is to even out the tempo.

It was a good idea to do the singing. How long have you been playing this song?

Pierre
I have been messing around with it about a 6 mo's now.. just trying to piece meal it together from different resources. Probably wouldnt take that long if Niel did a lesson I bet!!!

snipe

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:35 am

dennisg wrote:
Great job, Snipe. The guitar sounds beautiful. Is that a Taylor?
Its a Taylor 214ce. Not a high end but works for me.

Snipe

snipe

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 am

MarkM wrote:
Snipe,

Loved it. Great job. Guitar sounds sweet. A couple months back I was playing around with this song and I know that its harder than it looks. Trying to keep the tempo going with all the little runs takes patience. To have you sing on top of that was very impressive. Don't have any advice except that maybe there should have been more hammerons in there. I'll have to go back and check and see. Great job though!! I really liked it. Keep them coming.

MarkM
I agree about the hammers.. The base notes really need to shine.. takes some work!! After reviewing it myself I played it kinda too fast, but I guess it came out ok..

Thanks for the input!
Mike

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:48 am

Very nicely played snipe loved it. We need more Jethro Tull on here IMHO.

Good on ya mate

Chas

mark

Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:25 am

A really great song and like you said it would make a good target lesson.

I couldn't see anything which needed improving.

What is next? Mother goose or Dun Ringill maybe?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic