Wondering aloud - Jethro Tull

snipe

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Hey,

Wanted to post this for review and feedback. I know its not a target lesson but maybe someday? I know there are alot of Tull fans out there too. Anyway please forgive the vocals as I cant really sing, but had to sing something or its kinda boring. Its my best interpatation as I dont have offical tabs so I watched alot of tull videos and other people playing it so I think im fairly ball park with it. If you have any suggestions with it please let me know. I appreciate all feedback/comments

Thanks
Snipe

suziko

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

This is really nice, Snipe!! This has always been one of my favorite Tull songs, so sweet and romantic. I can even hear in my head Ian Anderson's little chuckle that comes after "My hands in her hair." Thanks for reminding me of a beautiful song that I haven't heard in years.

Suzi

izzyhara

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:07 pm

I think this is awesome !!! I love the song, but today I am all about getting to know you guys. And this lets me get to know you. You play very well, and your voice works for this song really well.
As someone who just put herself "out there" big time today, I am so proud of you. And now I want to add this song to my repertoire.
See I think we should have a space on the forum where we put stuff like this that we don't necessarily need critique, or need Neil to see it. It is just us getting to know each other. Well done, my friend.

dekotaj

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Man Im a big TULL fan Loved there music when I was younger and still do.And think the way you did it was fantastic.Great post.

Kevin

MarkM

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Snipe,

Loved it. Great job. Guitar sounds sweet. A couple months back I was playing around with this song and I know that its harder than it looks. Trying to keep the tempo going with all the little runs takes patience. To have you sing on top of that was very impressive. Don't have any advice except that maybe there should have been more hammerons in there. I'll have to go back and check and see. Great job though!! I really liked it. Keep them coming.

MarkM

RicksPick

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Liked it a lot
Nothing more to add but
Sweet

RicksPick

dennisg

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Great job, Snipe. The guitar sounds beautiful. Is that a Taylor?

BobR

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Snipe,

Really nice job. Keep the videos coming.

Bob

jayswett

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Sounded great. Nice chord transitions. Now you just need a flutist to accompany you.

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Nice, it's about time that a Tull song popped up on TG.

Well played, very convincing arrangement. My only suggestion is to even out the tempo.

It was a good idea to do the singing. How long have you been playing this song?

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic