Some D Modal before I go.....

beaker

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Mark nice job, sounded cool. Way to get experimental! Beaker.

BobR

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi Mark,

That was really great. I enjoyed it a lot. The guitar sounds excellent and you seemed to be really enjoying it.

Well have a good time in Las Vegas( if you can escape work) at least you'll escape the "cool" temps we're having here in the Northeast.

Bob

izzyhara

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi there Mark. I totally enjoyed this. I am especially loving when people talk first - is that something I started?
The guitar sounds awesome - the acoustics in that room you were in were obviously really good, so that helped.
My job has required travel for years, and I have had SO many people tell me how jealous they are of the places I get to go. But when it's all day meetings and conferences and god forbid, trade shows, that travel is brutal. So I totally understand your comments. Have save travels.
Thanks for sharing. I am undertaking the D modal tuning on Monday and I am certain I will enjoy it as much as you have. It kinda feels like cheating... I can't tell you how long I tried to learn Stills songs, not knowing he was tuning the guitar differently. Sigh.....
Loved it !!! Aren't harmonics just the coolest sound?
Iz

MarkM

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:39 am

Marc - I wish the rest of the lesson will be easy. I have a sneaking suspiscion that it will be far from it. Can't wait though!!

Beaker - Thanks it was fun. Now I just need another player to join.

Bob - You're not kidding. Too damn cold up here. Not that Vegas is going to be warm this time of year, but I'll take it over this.

Izzy - Thanks. Every once in a while I get to play outside of my office and come down stairs. Its a big room with high ceilings. I was afraid that the camera wouldn't get much of the sound. Between you and Chas if figured I would intro this as it wasn't a song but rather just me screwing around while the kids were watching a movie and my wife was out shopping.........

MarkM

d_dog

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:59 am

Way to go Mark! Nice work. I love that tuning too. I went back to standard already to work on other stuff. But I agree, that is a cool tuning. I'll be in Vegas next week too, I'll PM ya, we should meet up.

willem

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:17 am

Mark, i fall Still, very Still,,have a good trip...

michelew

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:26 am

Cool noodling Mark. I must give the D modal tuning a try.

d_dog

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:21 pm

This DADDAD thing had come up again recently so I watched this again, really great. I like what you're doing at the 3+ min. mark. Cool stuff. I haven't gone back to that tuning yet, I think I'm ready to start the second drip of Suite Judy though.

wammer

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Now that is the kinda stuff I could sit and listen to all day..............I loved it

Can tell you are getting very comfortable.

Thanks for sharing.........Safe trip... keep the Rubber side down...LOL

Tammy

MarkM

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 pm

Dog - Yeah that was fun. I'm waiting for the next installment on the drip feed before I head back to that tuning. Once I get there I'm there for a while though.

Tammy- Thanks. I was just goofing around one day and wanted to get it on camera. That vegas trip/video was a month ago. I'm not going anywhere for a while. Can't wait for your next video!!!!!

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic