Some D Modal before I go.....

MarkM

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Hello all. Well looks like I can't get to the second Suite: Judy Blue Eyes lesson before I head to Vegas next week for work. Yes that is work....

So with that said I was messing around with this tuning today and apart from the intro to Suite Judy Blue, I just started going up and down the neck a bit. I was looking at some clips of Stills to see what he was doing and figured I'd try to improvise some things. Nothing more than that. This is very fun to work on. I could go for hours a time if I was allowed. Maybe we'll see some of this (in a much more professinal way I'm sure) in the next drip lesson. Not sure when that will be. I know that Neil and team are hard at work and certainly providing a ton of content here. Hopefully I'll see it when I return.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome. I'll be heading out the door at 4:00 AM on Monday for the long flight west and then back the next Saturday at 1:00 AM. Vegas is nice but when you have to work AND play it grinds you down after a week. Have a great week eveyone.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:06 pm

Sweet! Nice little jam there, Mark.

I'm going to jump over the the Drip Feed Lesson NOW to check it out!

BTW- your guitar sounds great in that clip.

tovo

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Very nice Mark, enjoyed listening.

Are you taking a guitar to Vegas? Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...so I hear. Never had the experience of those bright lights myself.

Safe travels and "see" you when you are back.

Craig

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Great job Mark! I really enjoyed that. I've been putting off Suite: Judy Blue Eyes because I've been working on some other stuff and I guess I'm too lazy to tune back and forth. However, your video has inspired me to get started.
Thanks for the inspiration, have a good time at work and play!
Craig

dekotaj

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:09 pm

HI Mark,Really like the sound of that guitar.And wathcing the fun you have playing it.This is the kind of stuff that is nice to watch a guy(or gal)do.Just set down turn on the camra and have some fun.Thanks for sharing with us.And those slide runs made me think of bluegrass,Didnt know you N.H.Guys did much bluegrass. :laugh: :laugh:

Kevin

Chasplaya

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Very nice Mark, great sound, loved the harmonics... then the slides...

And you have really got the right hand working very well that is so cool.

regards

Chas

haoli25

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Great job Mark!! I really liked that. Thanks for posting your video.

Have a safe journey. While in Vegas wave to a few of those chandeliers in Caesar's Palace....I helped pay for many of them. :)

Bill

MarkM

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks All.

Al - Now that you're back you should check it out. The tunining make the guitar sound better I'm sure.

Tony - Vegas is nice. Just wears you down after a few days. I've been going there for about 15 years now for work. Sales conference. Not taking the guitar as I would fear the travel and ofcourse there won't be a minute of time.

Craig - Since I've been this tuning I've ONLY been working on stuff like this and 4+20. I'll forget how to play another other song by the time I'm done with these. It is alot of fun though.

Kevin - Thanks. Playing this is a ball. Time really flies. As for Bluegrass, well when I was a kid I would have say "are you kidding me." Now though I really do like Bluegrass. Especially on a big fat Dred. I would really like to see a lesson on this when Neil has time. Most of the stuff is too fast for me though. At least now.

Chas - Thanks. Much appreciated. This is the sound I was thinking of when I was was searching for my guitar a couple of years ago.

MarkM

MarkM

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:38 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Great job Mark!! I really liked that. Thanks for posting your video.

Have a safe journey. While in Vegas wave to a few of those chandeliers in Caesar's Palace....I helped pay for many of them. :)

Bill

Staying at the MGM but I will be at Ceasars on Monday evening. I'll take a picture for you.

MarkM

Lavallee

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi Mark, nice jamming session, suite judy blue eyes sure sounds easy now.

Have a good trip

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic