TG Matt Murders Neil Young and Harvest Moon (gotta walk the talk right ?)

TGMatt

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 am

So here it is my first camera and song attempt...Warning Earmuffs may be needed for children for fear of permanent ear damage, also all Horses, and large animals to have their tethering checked for fear of stampede...

dekotaj

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:12 am

HEY MATT,BRAVO!!BRAVO!!,The playing and singing,great job.Let me know when you ready for a duet.Wonderful tonight,Ill play rhythm and you do the lead.And of course you sing.Really enjoyed.Nice intro and outro.

Kevin

tovo

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 am

You know Matt, it would be easy for you to just pretend that you are a guru guitarist and never put yourself out there.

I just got to the end of a pretty busy day and I really enjoyed watching you give that a go.

It sure is a pretty song (yes I still think so! :) ) Sure you have a way to go with it but seriously, well done for working with what you have.

By the way, I reckon if you opened up a bit with your singing it would be much better, you were pretty tentative with it.

Kudos to you mate.

Hey can you say "and" again? LOVE that American accent you have! ;)

BigBear

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:48 am

Matt- you way overstate how badly you suck! That was a really good effort. Not perfect yet but you clearly fit in with the rest of us. And your singing was pretty good too! For a recent beginner you have come a very long way!

I'm really impressed! But I will say that it's cheating to use a $10,000 guitar to do your video! lol! I'm surprised that Neil's Claxton didn't just play the song for you!

Well done Matt! :cheer:

TGMatt

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 am

Thx guys..

It is damn scary singing and playing and filming, then I remembered my secret weapon...

James Boag !

The guitar, Bear, unfortunately does not play itself...

haoli25

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:32 am

Well, my friend, you sucked me in. I bought the whole line. "My guitar playing is crap!" "...earmuffs needed" Yep, I bought it...and was I ever surprised. First of all, your singing is excellent. It is not an easy thing to do to play and sing and you nailed it! To only be back playing again for such a brief period of time, I think your guitar work was also very good. And I agree, it's a beautiful song. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

AndyT

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:43 am

If I had access to Neil like you do, I'd be at least twice as good as I am. Don't get me wrong, It's a good thing to be able to sit and learn from your instructor at many different times during the day. You should be seeing a shade of almost envy on my face now.

Exceptionally well played for as short a time as you have been playing.

d_dog

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 am

Awesome Matt! I'm so glad you're on camera now. I think it's a really powerful message to all the members that you put your guitar where your mouth is, like you said. It makes it so much more likely that others will participate. Really great job keep the song moving without stopping and starting over when the chord changes get difficult, I know it's something that Neil stresses a lot and I think this is a great example. BTW, what was with the guitar switcheroo? ;)

TGMatt

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:58 am

AndyT wrote:
If I had access to Neil like you do, I'd be at least twice as good as I am. Don't get me wrong, It's a good thing to be able to sit and learn from your instructor at many different times during the day. You should be seeing a shade of almost envy on my face now.

Exceptionally well played for as short a time as you have been playing.
Hey andy...

I promise you I don't have access to him multiple times a day..I am lucky if I get 2 minutes of instruction b4 he tells me to work it out..

He spends his time, dealing with his students and filming for you guys..and I hope he chips in for me here to back me on this..but basically my avatar is dedicated to him, for this song...he printed out the the Tab and said work it out..seeya...and so I spent 2 hours bashing my fingers till they were bleeding to get it, and then I needed a bandaid for the video...(you can see it on my hand), it actually flew off midway through take 4 or something..and I had to put it back on, I was so frustrated, I got up and got his guitar just to change my state and try something different...but basically I just spent time by myself hammering it out..

I am totally inspired by you guys..with what you posted and shared..I just felt so motivated to walk the talk...

I hope Neil says a thing or two here..because it really was just looking at the Target lesson, and spending time on it..In fact I filmed myself for 20 minutes just doing the one chord change over and over again like he told me too..and he was at the studio with students...Neil maybe you should post that video mate to show what I did, and how frustrated I got ..(it's on the flip)

TGMatt

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:02 am

d_dog wrote:
Awesome Matt! I'm so glad you're on camera now. I think it's a really powerful message to all the members that you put your guitar where your mouth is, like you said. It makes it so much more likely that others will participate. Really great job keep the song moving without stopping and starting over when the chord changes get difficult, I know it's something that Neil stresses a lot and I think this is a great example. BTW, what was with the guitar switcheroo? ;)
I changed the guitar because I just couldnt get it ...and then the damn bandaid came off ...and their was blood on the strings..so I decided to try something different..

I will say that my dreadnought is hard to play its so damn big and bulky, Neils was just not as tall in the lap and the frets are bigger, so the chord change was a bit easier..Now I am really understanding that the tool can make a difference to some degree for sure..

Thx for the comment by the way

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic