TG Matt Murders Neil Young and Harvest Moon (gotta walk the talk right ?)

RicksPick

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:07 am

Matt welcome to the video club

First you had me giggling with the "Take 2" etc
Then after that you had me dancing in my chair
Very well done, with little time too!!!

RicksPick

heyjoe

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 am

Hi Matt

First of all, great job on the song, you know you have work to do on it, and you're being realistic, you'll get there, of that there is no doubt.

I think its so cool that you are willing to put yourself out there doing the video, I can't imagine many site bosses doing the same thing- which is exactly why this site is as good as it is- you are going through the exact same experiences as the members are, and feeding it directly into the site.

Loved the line " your singing should be taken out the back and shot"..can you do the same to mine too please!

Take 14,092...so very true, we've all been there,lol

Good on ya mate

Joe

mark

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:08 am

Hey Matt
Good job. I enjoyed listening to it.
I like the idea of having to change guitars because of blood on it. Shows true dedication.
I think you have a lot in common with many of the members. A long introduction about how bad it is and then play it pretty well.

Chasplaya

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:16 am

Hi Matt Welcome to TG, can you shoot across to the Please Introduce Yourself Here Thread like the rest of us .... Just kidding mate.

Welcome to the club, I could see you really gettin into that song as you progressed and your playing actually picked up too. Great result for the effort you put in in such a short time. What a great way to prove that the system works by putting yourself out there, and without as much help from Neil as we probably get by the sound of it!

Lead from the front mate well done. Ok work to be done so I look forward to the update, you'll look back in time and think wow that wasn't bad but I'm sooo much better now!!

Good on ya mate.

Yamaha48

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:25 am

Hello Matt.

Nice to see,and here you fore the first time with a video from your self.
Thanks fore sharing Matt.
Sounds pretty good,im looking forward to see more video s from you my friend.

Cheers

willem

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:53 am

Hey Matt,, i'm glad you don't placed the guitar where you mouth is and placed it on your lap,, i have put this song away,, but you inspired me to give it a look again,,its so a nice song and also because your singin i post it number one my list list now..I'm also glad that you know now what we been goin throug to film and post something... i wish you luck with your playing and hope you can get more time to it..

reiver

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 am

Really nice work mate, congratulations on posting. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I was going to after your intro!

I agree with your point on guitar size, and I made exactly the same point on my latest video post - which was on a parlour size guitar. Really comfortable to play and great for practising on.

Well done again, looking forward to that level 7 next.

r

Lavallee

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 am

Nice work Matt, glad you decided to post. If you can sing and play, you are doing fine as improving at this point will only be repetition.

As others have mentioned, learning to play the guitar when you own a guitar learning website is good for all of us. You can understand our needs and requests (and learning frustrations) and we know that we have a listening ear as you are one of us.

Glad you decided to grab the bull by the horns (which I am sure you have done many times in your life as an entrepreneur).

Great intro by the way.

Marc

beaker

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 am

Matt, Excellent job. Especially with how new you are to the guitar! You are flying! Beaker.

sws626

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:28 am

Hey Matt,

Wow! It's hard to believe you just started playing when this site was founded. I'm always impressed when anyone can sing while they play. This is a real testament to the effectiveness of the program.

I also enjoyed your intro. We should all follow your example and try to talk a bit about where we're at with the song before we play it.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic