TG Matt Murders Neil Young and Harvest Moon (gotta walk the talk right ?)

prawnpig

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Matt, thank you for posting this I thought it was great and very inspiring, Seeing these videos from players of all levels is awesome part of this site,just wanted to say thank you.

Keep on pickin.
Dave.

millponddave

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:08 am

Hey Matt, You inspired me to work on that song as well. I'm really enjoying trying to learn it. It's a great tune. I'm afraid that I don't have the nerve (or the know-how) to post it on video however.

Dave

TGKeith

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 am

DUDE! That was simply AWSOME! As someone else said "putting yourself out there" is an inspiration. I think playing guitar and singing is FOR US TO COMPLETE OURSELVES ("he did not know how well he sang, it just made him whole..." Harry Chapin) ...and if other people like/enjoy/get it then that's icing on the cake - but the cake is most important. Being able to play a song and feel it and express it is such a profound gift...
People hear the intention behind the song, your intention as an artist (and you are an artist), and your connection to it.
Your rendition of Harvest Moon is so damn pure, without guile or "hey look at me", and it absolutely sucks the listener/watcher in. Thank you for acting in the face of fear and judgement and just doing what comes naturally- "putting it out there!" what a gift.
Peace
Keith

michelew

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:58 am

Great job Matt!!! THe first one is the hardest and the scariest.I loved your performance and I agree with everyone that you seriously undersold it and then produce a great sounding take, including singing (WOW). It's a beautiful song another I'm going to have to learn. Thanks for the reminder.

It's also great to see you experiencing the features of the site from our side of the fence. Watch out...it's addictive.

I'm looking forward to your next one. Are you going to do a series on learning the level 7 song?

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic