TG Matt Murders Neil Young and Harvest Moon (gotta walk the talk right ?)

unclewalt

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Ain't no way I would have been able to do this when I had the equivalent experience (just having learned bar chords) at I guess about 14 years old. Making that kind of progress despite being an adult (and hence learning-impaired) is evidence that you're a natural player.

TGMatt

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:59 pm

hey all thx so very much for the kind words I'm typing this as I drive to la for 3 day business conference so on iPhone
but couple of points

1- you guys inspire me .. full stop
2 - the Barbie doll bandaid has been discarded ( why does Neil only have beanie doll bandaids in his house ?)
3- keep posting videos , keep pushing yourself , expect more of yourself , we will all be here to pick you up

thx again spelling errors by iPhone

waggis

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi Matt. I thought you did a great job and in such a very short time. Congratulations! I expect we will soon see you posting Leo Kottke's "The Fisherman".

David

leeson

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Woooohoooooo!!! Matt, Matt, Matt!!!

Nice work. Way to walk the walk.

It was great to see you in a different context. Ok, now I'm really going to put up a video. I have been too chicken but you have inspired me. Thanks.

Bill

tom18

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Matt,

That was fantastic...truly a pleasure to watch. I took my laptop to the stable...the horses loved it too...no worries there! Nancy

heatndude

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Hey Matt I thought that was great ! I stressed about my first video forever and it showed (trying to plat twice as fast) You looked like an old pro good job !!!!!

nemastetaylor

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi Matt, I thought you did a very fine job with Harvest Moon. It's quite a chore to play it and sing it too. YOU did a really good job. Oh by the way after take 14000, did you switch guitars from the Guild with the whisker strings to Neil's Santa Cruz??

Nemaste

MarkM

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:33 am

Matt,

Great job. Finally got to my room in Vegas and your's was the first video I've watched. I have to give you huge credit for singing as you played. I haven't had the guts to do that yet. That was very impressive. I know what you mean on the multiple takes. I always want to shoot a video before I'm comfortable with the song. Pat yourself on the back. Your fills were very good. Especially with a bleeding finger. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more.

MarkM

RicksPick

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:43 am

Got in from work this morn, long shift,tired.
You have me laughing my socks off.
Glad you have ditched the band aid
Cos I had the picture of Matt
Sat in your Pride Porsche at the lights, Car body rocking as you rev that purring engine, when the geezer looks across at MATT with said band aid,
LOL you guys.

P.S. Read only when finished driving.

RicksPick

izzyhara

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 am

Ok so here is the deal, in my mind. THESE VIDEOS ARE INCREDIBLY INSPIRATIONAL. I am glad people are talking before hand. I love that we are getting to know each other this way. If only perfect videos were posted, I would never post one. We all aspire to be Neil, but guess what? We aren't - well maybe some people out there are. We share a love for music and practice and trying and this forum allows us to share that, whether we suck or not. Which, by the way, you don't suck.
The song is beautiful.... your singing works very well. You put your heart out there when you do this, and it's fun, eh?
Thanks so much. Can't wait for this to come up on Target. I will think of you everytime I hear it.
:cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic