Henry Lee- Suziko

suziko

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:54 am

Dave- (by the way, your user name is so funny!) Thanks. It is a song that I've loved ever since the first time I heard it. I'm glad to be able to share it with others. Suzi

eagle670

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Hey Suz - I'm a little late coming to the party, as usual, but just wanted to let you know that I thought you did a really good job on the tune. You have come along way in what is it now, maybe a year an a half or so? You've got a nice voice and I thought the song fit you perfectly.

You need to get your husband on that Baby Taylor and play a little duet. Those guitars are not meant to sit in the corner.

Kevin

eagle670

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Hey Suz - I'm a little late coming to the party, as usual, but just wanted to let you know that I thought you did a really good job on the tune. You have come along way in what is it now, maybe a year an a half or so? You've got a nice voice and I thought the song fit you perfectly.

You need to get your husband on that Baby Taylor and play a little duet. Those guitars are not meant to sit in the corner.

Kevin

suziko

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Kevin,

Unfortunately, the only guitar my husband is going to be playing anytime soon is of the air variety. I did coerce him and my daughter into joining me on a sing-along of (close your eyes, Dennis!) "American Pie" the other night, but I think that's about all I can ask of him, musically.

Thanks for your kind words. I love this song and it was really a joy to play and sing. And it was great to be able to take what I've learned from other TG songs and apply it to a song that I've wanted to learn for a long time.

Suzi

cosmicmechanic

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Suzi, as was already said, entertaining video with evident progress. In particular, interesting to see you have enough confidence so you don't need to stare at one hand or the other, but only sneak a glance at certain chord changes. Good choice to sing too!

Pierre

suziko

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Thank you, Pierre! Chord changes are coming easier, which is a nice thing. Glad you liked the song! Suzi

michelew

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:23 am

Suzi that was really GREAT! Woo Hoo! Bring on the chocolate avalanche! I assume you've gotten through the truck load of pizzas by now.

Your playing was smooth, your voice was really expressive and your choice of arpeggios really suited the song. The prettiness of the arpeggios gave the lyrics an extra eerie twist. And if you did flub I didn't see it - not that it would have mattered.

Good on you for adding yet another challenge. You know you're going to run out of firsts at some point. Although knowing you you'll just come up with more creative ways of challenging yourself. I really like your voice too. It seems to really suit folk.

Great job. And yep as always you're inspiring - note to self - keep watching Suzi's example until I pluck up the courage too.

You were great.

Michele

suziko

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:10 am

Michele, you know me so well! I'd much rather have a chocolate avalanche than a pizza avalanche.

Thanks for your kind words about this song. I really love it and enjoyed trying my hand (and voice) at it. So glad to hear I might have inspired you, considering you've done the same for me many times. That's one of the best things about this site: how we're always encouraging each other to push outside of our comfort zone.

Glad to have you back, by the way. You were missed by many of us

Suzi

jayswett

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:35 am

Just watched this again. So nice to watch this. Looking forward to more...

suziko

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 pm

thanks, Jay. I'm still unsure what my next song will be. I've been working on Dear Prudence for at least a month, but I just can't get it consistently good. I don't know how you did it as well as you did. I'm very envious.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic