Pigs On The Wing - Part I

abiliog

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Well, this is my TG first video.
This is a short music to play, which I've chosen to try making the bar chords my friends.
Tried to strum with a pick but it sounds horrible.
There is a problem not resolved yet sat between the chair and the guitar.

Sorry about quality video and sound.

Any advice from you would be very appreciated.
Thanks
Abilio

RicksPick

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Hey Abilio

Well done and welcome to the video club

Good Left and Right hand positions, nice steady strum.
All looking good, nice chord changes too.
Maybe try for some base notes,something Im working on.

Video quality and sound fine here

So nice first video

RicksPick

jayswett

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Not much to say about that other than it sounded great. The audio and video quality were fine. Left hand position was good, the chord changes clean (even the barre chord), and the strumming regular and easy. Watching you play, my sense was that this song is probably not a very challenging one for you. I realize it's your first video, but you played it so nicely that my guess is that you could easily move on to more difficult material. Congrats on a job very well done. I don't know that song, but will soon correct that oversight.

dennisg

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Very good job, Abillio. The chord changes were right on time and the strumming was smooth. You might want to give the flat pick another try. I think picking out certain strings -- bass strings, in particular -- could add a lot of diversity to the song, as could a few hammers.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Great job on your first video Abilog! Welcome to the video posters' club. Left hand much better than mine! And right hand really smooth. You could use your nails to strum on that classical guitar, will sound fine... then you don't need a pick. great start and like Jay, I reckon you can go for something that's more of a stretch for you, and it will go well. Pizza for you together with a bottle of fine red Portuguese wine.

goldleaf

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Good job strumming and playing the chords. Good tempo through out. Welcome to the video posters club. What type of guitar are you playing on. Gary

Craig

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Abilio,
I don't have enough experience to offer much advice, but congratulations on posting your first video. The first one is somewhat nerve wracking. I thought you did a good job.
Craig

dekotaj

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Abilio,Welcome.And that was done very well.The song sounded good and you playing look good.Cant wait to see what else you are working on.

Kevin

BobR

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Abilio,

I think you don't give yourself enough credit. It seemed like the strumming and chord changes were well done. I have only heard that song done here by Neil once so I am not that familiar with it. In any case well done. Now we'll want more :woohoo:

Bob

tovo

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Hey Abilio nice job. I agree with Jay, that seemed very easy for you so perhaps a tune with more barre chords and quicker changes is your next best project. Your strumming with thumb sounds nice, but I think it is a mistake to ditch the pick altogether. Perhaps persevere with it as a pick helps when you want a really aggressive attack on the strumming. I have the opposite issue, I can't strum without the pick.

Well done on your first video post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic