TOVO - Into my arms Nick Cave

d_dog

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 am

TOVO! Two Words:
Yes, persue it!!!!

You're voice is awesome, you gotta embrace that. You might try some Johnny Cash.

tovo

Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:21 am

d_dog wrote:
TOVO! Two Words:
Yes, persue it!!!!

You're voice is awesome, you gotta embrace that. You might try some Johnny Cash.
d_dog...dude....that's 3 words. But seriously, thanks for the compliment on my voice.

MarkM

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Tony,

Finally got a chance to see this. That was very good!!! You should sing more often. I didn't read through all the replies so some of this may have been covered. I noticed that your srumming is improved a HUGE amount. You are more light on the strings and precise. I'm not familiar with the song so I can't add anything more on technique. I'm not sure how long you have been practicing but it sounded so good I imagine you've had this one in your back pocket for a while now. Thanks for sharing!!!

MarkM

tovo

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:25 pm

MarkM wrote:
Tony,

Finally got a chance to see this. That was very good!!! You should sing more often. I didn't read through all the replies so some of this may have been covered. I noticed that your srumming is improved a HUGE amount. You are more light on the strings and precise. I'm not familiar with the song so I can't add anything more on technique. I'm not sure how long you have been practicing but it sounded so good I imagine you've had this one in your back pocket for a while now. Thanks for sharing!!!

MarkM
Mark thanks. Honestly mate, Suzi made her video post and commented along the way that my voice would be well suited to Nick Cave. I came home from work, found some TAB, played it 2 or 3 times and recorded it. That's why I didn't finish. I'm not bragging or anything, I was just pleased that I could pick up a song (admittedly a very, very easy strumming with only 5 simple chords) in just a few minutes. But no mate I haven't had it in the back pocket at all.

Oh I meant to say: Welcome back from Vegas!

michelew

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Tony - that was great! You looked relaxed and confident, your guitar playing was smooth and easy-going and your singing was simply magic. Your voice really does suit Nick's work. You really should sing more. BTW - You seem to have grown as a musician in a short time.

IMHO - it would be great to see you play this song once you've nailed it and you're completely singing/performing from the heart.

I think Nick would be proud. I am.

I loved the hat and beard too.

Michele

tovo

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:07 pm

michelew wrote:
Tony - that was great! You looked relaxed and confident, your guitar playing was smooth and easy-going and your singing was simply magic. Your voice really does suit Nick's work. You really should sing more. BTW - You seem to have grown as a musician in a short time.

IMHO - it would be great to see you play this song once you've nailed it and you're completely singing/performing from the heart.

I think Nick would be proud. I am.

I loved the hat and beard too.

Michele
Thank you Michele. As I said to someone else, I think it might take quite a bit to impress Nick Cave, but I'm real glad you liked it and REAL glad to see you back. I was tempted to jump on a plane to Sydney and come searching for you. (No I am not a stalker and there's certainly no need to seek a restraining order like those other 178 women have)

carpet

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Tovo!

Again, congrats. love the song, love nick cave. Excellent. there's something kinda natural and easy about the way you sing and I know that's difficult (for me at least, lest you want a think glaswegian love song - not good).

Do you do requests? I've got a request, not for a particular song, but for a type of song.
I'd like to see how you sing in a fast-paced grrr, rocky maybe even angry type of song - like Money by Pink Floyd or something similar. Obviously when the kids aren't sleeping though lol

Have you ever considered it yet? W

tovo

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:28 pm

carpet wrote:
Do you do requests? I've got a request, not for a particular song, but for a type of song.
I'd like to see how you sing in a fast-paced grrr, rocky maybe even angry type of song - like Money by Pink Floyd or something similar. Obviously when the kids aren't sleeping though lol

Have you ever considered it yet? W
Requests?!! Carpet that would be my worst nightmare in terms of singing in public. Not easy to take requests when you can play about 12 songs total.

Anyway, Money by Pink Floyd? I'll take a look at it. Got any other fast paced grrr, rocky, angry type songs in mind? You might hit on one of my favorites.

prawnpig

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:09 pm

Tony that was great I thought you did an awesome job love Nick really really impressed and inspired your video's and all the others really help, I am feeling a little guitarded these days Thanks for the lift.

Dave.

tovo

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:39 pm

prawnpig wrote:
Tony that was great I thought you did an awesome job love Nick really really impressed and inspired your video's and all the others really help, I am feeling a little guitarded these days Thanks for the lift.

Dave.
You're very welcome Dave thanks for the generous comments, and I'm glad you find inspiration from all of the guys and gals here, I do as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic