TOVO - Into my arms Nick Cave

tovo

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks guys. Bill you're right I guess. None of us are professionals so any time we venture to sing is a challenge of sorts. Pete, Craig and mmmbldo, thanks, and everyone else as well.

Given the time difference, when I get up most people have left their comments so this morning I didn't try to acknowledge each individuals remarks but I really do appreciate them as I'm sure every person who posts does.

Finally Cosmic my man, you're right. A more challenging arrangement would be in order.

TGMatt

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Oh dude...

Let me just shout to the world of TG..Bravo..

What is truly uncanny is you have a voice just like Nicks...

I am a raving lunatic fan off Nick Caves..

Congrats dude, for introducing the TG world to him by playing his tune..

Here is the original tune for you to check out in case you missed it..

I think I am going to tackle a Nick cave now..lets just dominate the niche you me and suz..

Chasplaya

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:36 am

Hi Tony Good work, as has been said the lighter strumming is sounding so much better. I think there is nothing at all wrong about posting 'simple' songs, keeping in mind this might not be simple for some but can be an inspiration to those maybe struggling. The site is about improving our guitar playing and extending ourselves, well singing and playing is extending, and your strum is certainly a lot better so good on ya mate, also is an image being created hat and unshaven look.

tovo

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:19 am

Thanks Matt and Chas for generous comments. I enjoyed doing this song just to see if I could do something with it and make it sound OK. Nick Cave is the man. Bill said he would be impressed. I reckon it would take a bit to impress him, he's a prodigious talent.

willem

Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:58 am

Tony,thanks for introduce me to NC,,

Not a challenge,are we pro's or something,,the way you did that,that was a challenge,like Bill said playing and singing is so difficult.

Nice strumming to,light and smooth,, i would add that at NW,,you lay it a side you said,,don't do that,,try to learn to pick out the melody note's and ones you have that try to use it on your repetior NC songs.

I have very very enjoy your performance on ''into my arms'' thanks

Hey,, your son's,,they were sleeping all the time,,!!!!! Image

tovo

Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:09 am

Hey thanks Willem. You should check out Nick Cave. Awesome talent.

Yamaha48

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:52 am

Thanks fore the origenal clip.

When i see this clip from him,then i see Leonard cohen.
Same performens,i have find the chords.
I love it.

greet Anton

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:03 am

Tony, I reckon it's really important to have some "easy" songs in any repertoire as you often need to fall back on them in many situations. They maybe easy for you to play but what's important is how a song comes over.... and this could be a real anchor for you when you iron it out and further develop that sound you have going for you. This is a case of making a song your own that Neil talks about, you'll do it mainly with your voice, that's absolutely legit. Keep these videos coming it's really cool to be a part of your development and you are inspiring others here and those yet to join.

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:25 am

Tony:

Just watched the clip, and enjoyed it very much. I have three or four of his albums, and have a few of his songs on my IPhone right now. Can't say that I am a raging fan, but I do enjoy his style and his music.

That being said, kudos to you for playing it for us. Like others have said, it may not be challenging enough for you to "Pursue" as a Target song, but I think it is certainly fun and enjoyable enough to pursue as an add to you arsenal. You probably would not have even tried that had you not felt confident enough and had the past encouragement. To me, that is what this site is all about. Not just attempting to play a song that will kick your butt, but to play a song that means something to you or that you find enjoyable and can make your own. Sharing ANY song with the friends on the site is a good thing IMHO..... :)

Keep up the great work!

MJ

tovo

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Hey Chris thanks. I think you are spot on. If someone said to me "hey sing us a song" this is one I would feel very comfortable to do with a little more practice. Thanks again for your kind thoughts.

MJ you are right. 6 months ago I wouldn't have dreamed of posting a song I had only just picked up. The increase in confidence is due to to this site and all of you. Thanks for your comment mate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic