Can you post recordings on the site?

grahamg

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:52 am

I was wondering if students can post on the site wma/mp3 recordings of songs they have been workin on? If so can some nice person
let me know how/where to do it.

Thanks

Graham

haoli25

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:27 am

Hello Graham. I think this link will help you.

Bill

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/85- ... ing-videos

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 am

grahamg wrote:
I was wondering if students can post on the site wma/mp3 recordings of songs they have been workin on? If so can some nice person
let me know how/where to do it.

Thanks

Graham
Graham:

You would probably need to host the song on an outside site (similar to how we host the videos on You Tube). From there, you could just post a link to your music and share it with all of us. Would love to hear your stuff!

Try to google hosting sites. I don't know of any off-hand, but I am SURE there are many out there. In fact, you could make a youtube clip with a blank screen and just your music in the background if you wanted to..... :)

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:33 am

Bill, I'm wondering if Graham meant how to upload an mp4 if it's not a video... can we do that too, just upload the sound track to the youtube account? This could be a job for Super Al, is he looking for a phone booth to change...?

heyjoe

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Graham

If you have Windows Movie Maker then you have the option to import audio into that and then publish it onto somewhere like youtube.

Totally guitars has a student channel on youtube, so you could put it on there, and link it on a post here, for all to hear.

Alternatively, if you do a video of yourself playing the tune, then we get to check your playing out too.

Hope this helps

Joe

p.s if you want to give this a try and need a hand, just PM me and I'll help you get it sorted out.

jayswett

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:30 pm

I think Joe and MJ have the right idea. Use Moviemaker (or whatever) to make a movie with just the audio (and a blank screen, or better, a screen with a written description of the piece). This is very easy to do. Then upload the "video" to the Target youtube channel in the normal fashion. Looks like Joe can give you a hand with all that. Looking forward to hearing your music.

Chasplaya

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 pm

A guy to talk to is ffsooo3 he has already done several music tracks done with movie maker and still shots.

Chas

AcousticAl

Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:31 pm

I would have suggested Moviemaker as well..

Looking forward to [strike]seeing[/strike] hearing it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic