Blackbird Take #2, Heatndude

izzyhara

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Excellent post !! I love that song and it is on my list. It sounds so much smoother on electric so I will probably struggle when I play on my acoustic, trying to get it sound smooth like you do. I'd say you can check this one off your list !!! izzy

dennisg

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Heat,

I have two different kinds of outputs on my Roland amp, and maybe you have the same. The single quarter-inch output is mono only; the twin XLR outputs will produce stereo. You might check to see if you have these other outputs. Note that you can also use a headphone jack if you have one, but you won't be able to hear the speaker when you play.

RicksPick

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Nice to hear Mark

Looks like your having fun
What will you have in store next time???

RicksPick

heatndude

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:48 pm

I have been working on some CCR with my electric noise maker, Ill post it when ready !!!! I hope everyone is ready for some distortion !!!

Hydroman52

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Hey Mark,

Nice job. I'm curious . . . why did you decide to play it with electric rather than an acoustic? I don't think that I've ever heard it played with and electric before. Nothing wrong with doing it that way. After all, this site is called TotallyGuitars and not TotallyAcousticGuitars or TotallyElectricGuitars.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:45 am

Great progress Mark, going really well there. Guitar's a beauty.

Catman

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:39 am

Hey Mark,

Very good progress! You inspired me to pull out my Les Pal Studio and give this number a whirl on it. I discovered two things:
[ol][li]My amp isn't working[/li]
[li]Blackbird sounds great through the LP and a bass amp :)[/li][/ol]
As I said before, this is very good. But in the spirit of constructive criticism, I agree with carpet above about cutting the melody notes short--especially in bars 5-6 and 9-10 (referring to Neils lesson notes). I know, from experience, that this is actually very difficult to avoid, particularly in the rising sequence in bars 9-10.

David

heatndude

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:10 am

Hey Hydroman, I was messing around with my electric and having fun. I thiught it sounded nice so I recorded it. Fingerpicking is also easier for me on my LP as I have no fingernails.

Carpet, I hear what your saying about cutting the notes short, thanks for the tip I will work on that !

Still have not figured out my sound issues, darn electronic mumbojumbo stuff, gives me something else to learn, :S :S :S :S :S

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic