Blackbird Take #2, Heatndude

willem

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 am

Mark,, i've forgot to tell you about the audio,,i heard only one channel,, i think you have turn out the stereo,,,,

BigBear

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:38 am

Mark- really nice job! Major improvement over your earlier post. Great synchopation with your thumb. You might have been a little tense but aren't we all?

Great job buddy! :cheer:

BobR

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:01 am

Mark,

I thought you did a really nice job. No comment on the guitar other than I like it(I have an Epi Les Paul Sunburst).

Thanks for the update.

Bob

dennisg

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:29 am

Mark,

Very impressive. Smooth and fluid, and your guitar sounds great.

haoli25

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:48 am

Great job Mark. All of your hard work has certainly paid off. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

d_dog

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Great guitar work Heatndude! I agree with willem, there is only right channel audio, and it's pretty distorted. If you listen through headphones you'll hear this.
Otherwise, great playing!

dekotaj

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Hey Mark,

Love the song,great guitar,Enjoyed the playing.

Cant wait to see your next post.Really good job on this song.

Kevin

heatndude

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Thanks for the encouragement everyone !

Dog I have been struggling with the sound. I run my guitars thru a amp then line out to the fast track pro recorder that connects to my computer via usb cable. Cant figure out why it is distorted and cant get it in stereo yet. Work in progress, anyone have suggestions ?

Bear, thanks for the props. Been practicing hard with the finger picking. The first tune is almost done, yes it is tense. WHEN ARE YOU POSTING ?

suziko

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi Mark from Wisconsin!

Sounded really nice to me. That's a song I keep meaning to tackle but somehow it keeps getting backburnered. For that reason I don't know the tricky parts of it and can't comment, but I do think it sounded great.

Thanks for posting!

Suzi from Wisconsin

d_dog

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:17 pm

heatndude wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement everyone !

Dog I have been struggling with the sound. I run my guitars thru a amp then line out to the fast track pro recorder that connects to my computer via usb cable. Cant figure out why it is distorted and cant get it in stereo yet. Work in progress, anyone have suggestions ?
Most likely the line output on your amp is Mono, this would be typical, since a guitar is a Mono device. I would think that you could skip the amp and just plug directly into the Fast Track Pro. I have a Presonus Firebox, similar to your Fast Track Pro, and I plug directly into it and I use Garage Band as my amp basically. What software are you using to record? You should be able to do the same thing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic