RicksPick

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Nicely done Craig

Sounding sweet

Thanks

RicksPick

waggis

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:52 pm

"Is There Anybody Out There" has such a haunting melody and is one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs. You did a great job with it. Like Bear mentioned, pick-up the tempo a bit and you are there. Congratulations!

David

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:18 pm

...Is there anybody out there? Well, now that your video is drifting through the ether it will get right out there and maybe one day we'll have the answer to THAT question... in the meanwhile... Great job Craig, I really enjoyed that! Just keep them coming.

Chris
PS: Did you already introduce your guitar? If you did (and If I asked already) please indulge! So many video, so many guitars. That on sounded just great.

jayswett

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:34 pm

I just wrote a long reply but it didn't work. Bottom line. Great job. Slow and steady is a great way to learn a new technique or song.

Lavallee

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:45 pm

jayswett wrote:
I just wrote a long reply but it didn't work. Bottom line. Great job. Slow and steady is a great way to learn a new technique or song.
Don't you hate it when it happens (long typing that disappear). Now I always copy the text I typed, in case I need to do it again

Marc

Craig

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:08 pm

I'm sorry it took so long to respond to all of your feedback to my video posting. I was in Los Angeles most of the day at my daughter's volleyball tournament.

I REALLY APPRECIATE all of your input. I can see the hand position that people mentioned. In fact, someone (Marc maybe?) pointed it out on my first posting so it's something that I've been conscience of while practicing, something about pushing the "record" button tends to make me revert to old ways! :laugh: But definately something I will continue to focus on.

I'm also glad that you guys gave me input on your philosophies on speed and learning songs. Timing is something I always wrestle with, so I'm always open to ideas and input on that.

Tammy, I think I like fingerpicking to help hide my lack of singing ability! lol

Chris, it's nylon string Ibanez AE 450, I love it.

I also appreciate the comments on the "one take". I don't want to sound too brave because if I totally botched it, I would have had a real dilema! lol ;) as it turned out, I wasn't too terribly disappointed, so I posted it. But I wanted you guys to see my honest abilities so I can get some honest feedback. When I first got on the forum Tony gave me the best advice, he told me don't worry about trying to impress people, and that advice has helped me a lot.

Thanks again to all of you.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic