Le Picbois with the Guitar Pro band by Marc

haoli25

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:09 pm

That was really cool Marc. I really liked your performance. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:35 pm

I've been avoiding downloading and experimenting with Guitar Pro-- yet another program to learn. But as MarkM said, watching your video makes me want to get it tonight! Well done, Marc.

How hard was it to program (create?) the other parts?

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:53 am

Very impressive playing Marc, as always you are very solid. That was really interesting using the GP and I like the idea of jamming along with yourself like that. I'd prefer to have a more sophisticated voicing going on those accompanying instruments... that's a problem I have across the board with these things, getting the electronics to sound as good as the acoustic.

Chasplaya

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:56 am

Way to go marc, great use of GPro, for those that have not tried this its not as easy as it looks. One draw back with GPro its an Instrument and primarily a guitar programme therefore voices never come out that well. Something I rarely use.

Don't know the song as you pointed out to us but nevertheless your playing was nice and fluid and timing very good.

Great stuff

regards

Chas

Yamaha48

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:23 am

Hello Marc.
That sounds fantastic my friend,you do that with guitar pro?im not familaire with that program.
Big hand from me Marc.

greet Anton

RicksPick

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:03 am

Marc

That was so smooth
No problems for you
Made it look effortless

RicksPick

izzyhara

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 am

That was really cool!! Thanks for posting. I was not familiar with the song, but it looks like such fun to play. I spent yet more money on my guitar habit and purchased Guitar Pro. I am really enjoying perfecting fingering with it - so I go through Neil's lessons over and over, and use GP to be my coach offline. Also I play piano, and have been picking out little piano songs by ear. With GP I can put in the song, and have the tab, which helps me immensely. So it has been totally worth it to me. One day when I am feeling adventurous, I will put up a video where I play the song first on the piano, and then on the guitar. Well, I get a kick out of it so I will make you all suffer through it. Thanks again. You look really smooth and it is lovely to watch you play. Izzy

AndyT

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 am

Personally, I think the clarinet took away from the overall performance. I'd really like to see you do it again without the clarinet. I think it will be much better.

But, you did a great job of fingerpicking. Your chord changes are smooth and easy, but your strumming had a muted quality to it. Was that on purpose?

Lavallee

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:06 am

Craig: thanks, don't worrry about the technological challenge with Guitar Pro as you can get the optional pedalling system instead of being on a PC ;)

Bill: Thanks for the clapping hands

Al: In this case there was nothing to program. I found and downnloaded the free music sheet by a Google search, who took me to one of those sites like 911 tabs. I did not have to change anything. When you open it, it showed a multitrack set up, I simply muted the guitar part I wanted to play and the rest was there when I started. Came through the speakers.

Chris: thanks, it is true that the voices are not good as they are electroniccally generated. Guitar would not be use for that type of recording, this function is just one of the tools, you do not need use it. It was just handy for me since almost nobody from TG knew this song and I cannot sing anywhere decently (trust me I tried: my daugther told me she can bear the repetitive guitar but she begged me about the singing :) ), it kind of gave an idea of how the singing fills up the song.

Chas: Thanks Chas, One thing I really enjoy was to have the comfort of the bass playing with me instead of playing it on my own. Whenever you lag or overspeed in a measure, you can always timed back properly with the bass sound. One new discovery for me, the bass player keeps everybody together. I had heard about it but now I understand.

Anton: Thanks Anton, you download a free version (for 15 days) and try it. Don't forget to order through TG site so that they get a commission, if someone is to receive money, It migth as well be here.

Rick, thanks for the comments. I actually learned and played for over a month, many times a day, before posting. As they say, there is no such things as a free lunch.

Izzy: thanks, I am glad you decided to get GP. I think this a tool everybody should get, for the money you get a band, a practice coach, a memory helper, a music editor. I am looking forward to hear you play the piano and guitar. It must be fun to enter your own music.

Andy: Thanks, I agree that the clarinet for the voice is not so great. I thought that since I do not sing, it would give a better representation of the song, because at the beginning , it is a bit repetitive. If I have the chance to meet a singer, I would give it another shot. You have a good observation about the muting, In the middle when the solo starts, there are a few measures of strumming muting. In the chorus , there isn't any, but did some in the spirit of the moment.

dennisg

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:24 am

That was beautiful, Marc. Thanks for posting that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic