The Book of Love - Magnetic Fields - Massacred by Cosmicmechanic

dekotaj

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:22 am

Hey Pierre,

The Book of Love - Magnetic Fields,Not a song or a band Ive heard of.

I listen to it the first time.And read some of the other peoples replies.

I think I might have to rethink Suzy(Chicken with it head cut off)??
Just having fun Suzy. :laugh: :laugh:

Then I started to listen to it again,That strumming with the thumb and the singing,I found myself back in the early 70s at a coffe house with some people I hung out with.And we use to sit around on the floor,Black lights on,Playing the guitars(strummimg with are thumbs,and singing our songs)Man it was a magical time.With that song you could have been there.It was the 70s,hell maybe you were. :unsure:

Thanks
Kevin

Chasplaya

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:20 am

Sorry to disappoint you Pierre no tomatoes from me. NOt at all familiar with the song but in comparison with the orig you posted I'd have to say very well done.

Good on ya mate

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:53 am

Hey Pierre, great job on a song I'd never heard before. Good voice and strumming... you really could pump up the volume... would be nice to hear the strings and vocals clearly... you have nothing to hide! Pizza to you for joining the video posters' club! That was a true Cosmic song!

willem

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:58 am

Pierre,thanks for to introduce me to Magnetic Fields and this very nice song with good lyrics,, i alway's try to understand the meaning behind it and think i've got it my way, looking forwards to your next video..

RicksPick

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:50 am

HI Pierre

Very nice indeed
Congrats for singing

RicksPick

jayswett

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:06 am

Having watched this again for the fifth time, I would love to see you re-record this with a better setup so that we can hear it a bit better. This would be a good excuse to learn about and perhaps aquire a better camera and/or microphone. I think your performance was so good that it would be a shame not to see it reach its full potential.

AndyT

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:21 am

Everyone has already told you how great of a job you did on it. I'd like to know if you planned on looking like a young John Lennon for the vid. Sounded a bit like him as well.

Very nice job.

suziko

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:22 am

Pierre,

Coincidentally enough, my favorite pop-culture website ran an interview today with Stephin Merritt, which I thought you might enjoy reading:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/stephin- ... ngs,37999/

Have you listened to the new album Realism yet? I'm hoping to pick it up some time this week. I'd love to hear that cd you mentioned, by the way.

izzyhara

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:49 am

jayswett wrote:
Having watched this again for the fifth time, I would love to see you re-record this with a better setup so that we can hear it a bit better. This would be a good excuse to learn about and perhaps aquire a better camera and/or microphone. I think your performance was so good that it would be a shame not to see it reach its full potential.
Ditto what Jayswett said here. Perfect excuse for new camera technology. The volume for me was really low, but I loved the song and your version of it - ALOT!! Thanks so much for sharing.

MarkM

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:35 am

Pierre,

I just got to this over some coffee this morning and what a nice surprise. You shouldn't have any worries with this one. It was very very good indeed. I quite in enjoyed that. I agree with you and Al as I sometimes prefer to play without a pick. Usually when I first start to learn a song that is way I start out. Can't wait for your next installment.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic