Beatles I'm Only Sleeping

izzyhara

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:13 am

I have always loved this song. But I have never attempted it because the melody is so complex. So congrats to you for not letting that stop you. You have the basics down so your next step is to start adding "color". Also, I love my (prescribed) pain pills when necessary, and although they make me feel bullet proof and invisible, I notice they make my voice meek. So when you are done with the pills, record it again. Iz

RicksPick

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:52 am

Hi Pete

Congrats with the singing,
where can I get some of those pills,lol.
Keep the videos coming

RicksPick

Craig

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Pete,
Thanks for sharing. I've always liked that song and the Revolver album in general (along with Rubber Soul, which to me seemed like they were a two record set)...I'm always impressed with anyone brave enough to sing. Way to go!
Craig

pbraun

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks everyone. I know I need alot more practice especially with the chord formations, I know I make the easy G and the barre chords well they are just tough I just recently have really attempted them. The pills are still here do maybe I'll try the singing attempt again, but honestly it sounds so much better in the car with the volume up! I need to work on the "coloring" more and that just comes with practice and guts I guess. I am going to go back to this song and see what I can do. I hope to provide an update soon.
Thanks again
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic