Izzy does a lesson song

dekotaj

Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:54 am

Lzzy,BRAVO!!

I watch this video a few time now,And if that is rusty,Cant wait to here it when its(unrusty)Is this even a word?

Cant wait till I can get my post to look that clear.Your control of the guitar was very nice.Good right and left hand work.The singing I really enjoyed.Cant wait to here you on Chris song all you folks are putting together.Your singing should add alot to it.Breedlove sound very nice also.Keep them coming.

Kevin

willem

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:09 am

izzyhara wrote:
If you look closely, I devised my own Fill2 cuz I just couldn't do that barre thing that Neil does. So I figured out the notes I could get by with, and just played those.
Izzy,,can't look close but can you tell me how you cheated that,,calling out the note's you did there,,thanks.. when some things are difficult and there is a solution i'm in for it.. then we can play the whole song..

jim56

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:08 am

Another 'Simply Beautiful' performance, well done Izzy. I've got that one on the "to learn list". -Jim

stratman3

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:15 am

Izzy,

Very nice, excellent strumming and chord changes, nice and relaxed. I liked it. Guitar sounds great. Another one on the list to learn. Thanks for sharing,Gary.

B)

pgoldo

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:16 am

I thought you did a very nice job with this, especially on the chord changes- keep it up.

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:17 am

Izzy- that was GREAT!

You've got a beautiful voice and should never be worried about your singing. Your strumming matches your voice as well- nice and relaxed. I do agree with an earlier post (from Chas?) about hitting the beefy-D harder. (that sounds rude- but you know what I mean).

Lastly, the video and audio quality-- GREAT as well.
Can you do us a favour and list your set-up for us? What camera you're using, what edit software etc? It would be great if you could put it in the TG Techies Group as well..

izzyhara

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:16 am

You guys are just the best!!! You make me want to be better at what we are all here to do.... play and express music.

Okay - answers to questions:

Fill2 - I just don't place the barre and strum carefully. So if you watch Neil's lesson, place fingers 2 and 3 where they belong, but don't worry about the barre. This did take a bit of practice to place those fingers and you will see that I screwed it up a few times. However, I think you get the majority of the correct tones with my method. If I hadn't done this, I probably wouldn't have completed this song. Now that my fingers are trained to those strings, I should be able to easily add the barre as I continue to work on this.

Camera is a Kodak zi8 - basically a flip video and recommended to me by suziko when I saw how nice her videos are. It is placed on a table top tripod probably 4-5 feet from where I am sitting. In this video I am just using the internal mic in the camera. However, I have ordered an external mic that I will use next time. Video software? Bah... the camera has its own USB and I just plugged it into my laptop and uploaded it to YouTube. However, it does come with software that looks like it could be fun to enhance and play with the video.

Thanks again for the love and support. It's what makes this site so special.

heyjoe

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:18 pm

hey izzy

well played, well sung, great looking and sounding guitar too.
video quality is good, audio is good too

well done

Joe

p.s The members on TG be critical? No way, its positive and constructive on here, none of that negative stuff, no thank you!

makes me want to go learn the song now, thats another one on the to do list :lol:

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks

TGMatt

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:55 pm

Just an awesome job Izzy...I am trying to work out how you did the transition from D up but I will try an dlook at it again to figure it out

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic