TOVO - Pink Bullets

izzyhara

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:37 am

Loved it.... Loved it!!! Your voice is perfectly suited to that song and I really really like your voice. Tech comments have been made. What I was thinking as I watched it is that I would like to see a little nuance, which I think you did some of, but maybe you could see if the song could support more. What I mean by that is instead of doing the whole song at the same volume (both voice and guitar), try changing it up a bit. What's kind of fun when doing a song you really love is to single out a lyric you really like, and change up how you present that lyric.... like strum quietly, or not at all... Just an idea. This song was just plain enjoyable, and I love that you shared it with all of us.

Music Junkie

Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Tony:

Seems of late that I am finding everything late in the game. Glad I did not miss it altogether.......

I went and saw The Shins last summer up in Northern CA. Great show. I was actually surprised that you had heard of them. I enjoy their stuff quite a bit and think that your rendition was top notch. In all honesty, I think you would have no problem with a Mic Night right now..... Your confidence seems to be improving exponentially. Also, major kudos for attacking songs outside of Target and turning them into your own works.....

Cheers Mate!

MJ

tovo

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks for all feedback and encouragement, really great:

Abilio, thanks for commenting, much appreciated.

Al, I'm thinking about the contest. The bar is already high but that's cool I think I will probably have a go.

pgoldo, thanks very much.

Dennis, I'm thrilled that you liked it so much. I'd be happy to join you at your local club, we can do a number together.

Tammy, kudos for your efforts to bring some joy to the elderly. I really mean that. I think I might need to get a few older songs in my songbook to do the same but it's a good idea.

Izzy, thanks for great advice. I will try to bring more variation to the singing with future efforts. More experience and some experimentation should help there. Your comments are much appreciated.

MJ, I'm happy that 1 of my TG mates knows The Shins! Their album "Chutes too Narrow" is their best in my opinion, I love the whole playlist. I'm glad to be able to take what I learn from Neil and you guys and use it to play songs I love. Very cool.

Music Junkie

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:38 pm

tovo wrote:
MJ, I'm happy that 1 of my TG mates knows The Shins! Their album "Chutes too Narrow" is their best in my opinion, I love the whole playlist. I'm glad to be able to take what I learn from Neil and you guys and use it to play songs I love. Very cool.
Tony:

"Chutes Too Narrow" is a great album!

I hear you about taking what you have learned and playing songs that you love. What a great gift we are being given here.....

Take care my friend!

MJ

TGMatt

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:52 pm

tovo wrote:
nbraff wrote:
Tony, that song suits your voice quite well. If I heard you play that at an open mike night I would grab another cup of coffee and hope to hear you play another. Really a super job...thanks for posting it.
That's kind Nancy thanks very much.

Thank you also Matt. Still want those Tim Tams?

Thank you Bob very much. I think open mike nights are cool. There are a lot of really talented people out there.
Hey buddy

Thx for the offer..I can actually get them in Silicon Valley at 8 bucks a packet..(worth every penny) and I took a pack over to Neils, and showed the family the traditional way to experience them...

Neil may want to comment on the experience..

prawnpig

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Hey Tony did not know the song but very much enjoyed your playing and singing great job man.

Dave

suziko

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm

See, this is why I should never leave the house. I go out and have an action-packed day, and this is what I end up missing!

Great job, Tony. I was listening for that wrong chord but I honestly have no idea where you hit it. The whole thing sounded great. I liked hearing you sing in a higher register (is that the right word), and you certainly do it well.

Suzi

tovo

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Hey Dave, check out the band you might like them. Thanks for commenting.

Suzi I can't believe you go out. I really do expect you to be sitting at the computer waiting for new videos to appear!

It was certainly more of a challenge with higher notes than I have previously attempted. Bee Gees are next! (ABSOLUTELY kidding just in case you wonder)

d_dog

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Great work Tovo! I'm so glad you're singing now, it's so great to watch and listen. I didn't know this band before, I'll have to check them out. Great work man, thanks for introducing us to them.

tovo

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 am

Thanks Dog. Go check them out I think you will like them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic