TOVO - Pink Bullets

Craig

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:33 am

Well done Tony! Thank you for introducing me to another group and song I wasn't familiar with, but now I'm curious about looking into. I'm not much on technical advice, but I do know that since I've been watching your videos, you have grown a great deal in ability and confidence. It really shows through. Great job.
Craig

willem

Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:01 am

Tony, whats beautyfuller then when they say, ''i don't know the song but i like it'', i like it to and know it now thanks to you,,i saw a lesson linked at your vid,,so you did a good job,,D DU D DU, muting is nice to do but not necessary,, i love you picked out some bass notes,,and of course your singing,, a little lighter then the other ones, i think you do that relaxed on the throat,, when i try to sing then i must know where the singin notes are in rythmn way on the strumming so i prefer the sheet music (songbooks),,when you do a open mike i wish you very much fun and looking forwards to your experience telling,,hey man goodluck on YA..

reiver

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:17 am

Another great performance Tony. Love hearing all this new music too. Keep it up.

r

jayswett

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:24 am

Your strumming is much improved relative to your Norwegian Wood videos. Smooth, easy, and rhythmic. That really sounded nice. Your singing as always sounds great, but I do agree with a previous post that it would sound even better if you let loose just a bit more. In my own limited experience, and on the rare occasions that I record myself, I find that I sound really awful when I'm tentative, but I sound quite a bit less awful when I'm in the house alone and can feel free to let loose. You were NOT tentative in your video, but my point only is that if you are looking for ways to improve the performance for an open MIC night, you might think about singing with complete abandon. Not everyone could do that and sound really good, but I have nt doubt that you could.

tovo

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:16 am

Thanks Craig. I think we all improve with practice and the more video you do the less nervous you become I think.

Willem thanks man. Thanks for your good wishes.

Thanks Stuart. It's nice to introduce people to your favourite bands by playing their songs.

Thanks Jay. I'll try to be more free with my vocals. It's all experimentation for me right now. Singing adds some interest, but it's the guitar that I feel I need to work real hard on and I feel I'm making progress. Thanks as always for your comments. Really looking forward to your Streets of London.

abiliog

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:33 am

Tony,
I don't have technical advices but I need to say that this is beautiful poem very well sung. Very good choice and great voice.
Good work and thank you for sharing.
Abílio

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:01 am

Hey Tony!

You did a really great version of the song. Again, your strumming has improved from your last upload. And this song is suited well to your vocal range. Can a contest entry be far behind?

Well done!

pgoldo

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 am

Nice job- good strumming

dennisg

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 am

Tony,

I can't even believe how good this is! You mention in your intro that this was a difficult strum, and yet you're doing it with ease and polish. Your strumming, in fact, is light years removed from what we all saw in Norwegian Wood, and I mention that only for comparison's sake. Your playing is relaxed and fluid -- more so than I've ever seen it. As for your singing: I know that you have no formal training or even experience, but you're a natural at it. You have an intuitive way of phrasing lyrics -- pushing a few words together, dragging others out, voicing them in between strums -- that makes listening to you a hundred times more interesting than if you always voiced lyrics right on the beat. It's a gift you have.

As far as constructive criticism goes, anything I might have said has already been said and acknowledged by you, so no need to repeat it.

Keep practicing that song. When you come to Seattle, I'll take you to my local folk club for open mic night.

wammer

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:09 am

Well Tony

I have nothing really useful or constructive to contribute. But I can say that from all the post I am reading that you just keep getting better and better.

I will share a secret with only you so don't let anyone else know.....
The "mates" that I play with get together once aweek. We practise the same songs over and over. We were getting kinda board until one member mention that we really should have a reason to practise. So we got ourselves a "GIG" at the local seniors home once a month. It has given us all the confidence to play in front of a crowd and the residence just loved us. They could sing along we would give them tamborines and shakers to play along with us, and they are very forgiving. Plus we are doing something for our comunity which all over is a good thing. Maybe something you might be able to look in. We really do have a blast.

Good luck with the open mic...........Your are a star in my eyes (and ears)

Tammy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic