TOVO - Pink Bullets

tovo

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi all. This is a song I've wanted to play since I heard it, so glad to be able to post it here. I found it a challenge as I say in the short introduction I did in the video. It was tough to sing also, you guys will be the collective judges of whether or not I pulled that off. I also made a mistake and grabbed a wrong chord in there, but I have an ambition to do an open mike at some point, and I figure that if I make a mistake there, I won't be able to stop and start again, so I kept with it.

I posted the lyrics below as well. Check them out I think they are brilliant.

Oh...the hat is for the Big Bear!

I was just bony hands as cold as a winter pole
You held a warm stone out new flowing blood to hold
Oh what a contrast you were
To the brutes in the halls
My timid young fingers held a decent animal.

Over the ramparts you tossed
The scent of your skin and some foreign flowers
Tied to a brick
Sweet as a song
The years have been short but the days were long.

Cool of a temperate breeze from dark skies to wet grass
We fell in a field it seems now a thousand summers passed
When our kite lines first crossed
We tied them into knots
And to finally fly apart
We had to cut them off.

Since then it's been a book you read in reverse
So you understand less as the pages turn
Or a movie so crass
And awkardly cast
That even I could be the star.

I don't look back as much as a rule
And all this way before murder was cool
But your memory is here and I'd like it to stay
Warm light on a winter day.

Over the ramparts you tossed
The scent of your skin and some foreign flowers
Tied to a brick
Sweet as a song
The years have been short but the days go slowly by
Two loose kites falling from the sky
Drawn to the ground and an end to flight.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Great stuff Tony, I love story telling songs and this is totally new to me. Great job on performing. It seems to be getting easier and easier for you. Well sung... that open Mike could be next week, no prob.
Good on ya Tony!

Chasplaya

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Well done Tony, you're right never heard it before, so difficult to comment really. YOu kept the tempo well right through. I might just need to check out You Tube for this.

cheers

Lavallee

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Tony, your strumming has so much improved and this one tops them all. It is very smooth and constant. At the beginning you were hitting all the strings for the D chords, but it came back quickly. great song.

Marc

haoli25

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Another great job Tony. A new song to me, but I really liked it. Your singing and playing are right on the mark. You are ready for the 'Open Mic Night' and I know you will do well.

That's still a cool hat, glad you brought it back.

Bill Image

tovo

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Tony, your strumming has so much improved and this one tops them all. It is very smooth and constant. At the beginning you were hitting all the strings for the D chords, but it came back quickly. great song.

Marc
Thanks Chris, Chas and Bill.

Thanks Marc you're right. I'm really aware that I do that sometimes so I am really trying to address it. It creeps in at times. Thanks for your comment.

carpet

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Tony!!

Anohther good job. I've seen two videos of you singing now - this one and the one you did with Al... Needle.

Think you've got the guitar part licked. I like your singing too - you have a distinctive voice / disinctive quality (and its not just cos of the hat!). I think with more confidence in your singing, or more energy or projection or somehing, the whole performance would be taken to the next level. Don't get me wrong - you could easily step up on an open mic night already. Easily. It would be good to hear you just let loose with your vocal - there's a good singer there already, but you can tell that there's an even better, more powerful, one still just waiting in the wings. My humble, objective two pence.

Never heard the song, but I liked this one and I'm an Indie music lover too so I'm gonna check them out.

Good job well done. Again.

tovo

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Thank you Carpet, that's really useful and constructive feedback.

tovo

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Tony, that song suits your voice quite well. If I heard you play that at an open mike night I would grab another cup of coffee and hope to hear you play another. Really a super job...thanks for posting it.

TGMatt

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:03 pm

As usual Tony you have stepped up..

Well done mate

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic