Jim Croce Demo.Long time ago & dreaming again.

dekotaj

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:15 am

Lavallee wrote:
Very nice picking Kevin, you look very comfortable playing those songs. This Bose L1 amp, you plug your guitar in and then to the speaker or this it goes to your PC?

Marc
Hey Thanks Marc.I plug the guitar in and then use a condenser mic,to plug into the computer.Its a long story why i did it this way.

Kevin

dekotaj

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:26 am

izzyhara wrote:
This was such a pleasure to both watch and listen to. Croce does such fun chord progressions, and the bass leads into the next chord are very cool. You played this near flawlessly. I would also like to see a Croce song hit the Target lessons. Maybe you could just put it up, eh? Beautifully done. I could see learning this and just playing it over and over because it looks like fun to play, and sounds wonderful. Thanks for the info on the amp too. I guess my "hobby" will continue to cost me money. I wish all you guys would quit buying stuff. Show us more stuff soon..... I will probably play this video over and over so that I can learn it by watching you, the master !!!!
Playing guitar is what we do, but I also like these videos so that I can see what everyone looks like, and the environment in which they play. I just get such a sense of who everyone is, and I am loving it.
Thanks again.. Give us more... Izzy
Izzy.Thank you very much.

I know what you mean about watching everyone posting there videos.Its one of the thing i find most enjoyable about this site.Getting to know everyone a little better.I always get a little excited when i find a new video to watch.Folks do a great job playing and singing.Like your last song.Just enjoyed the heck out of it.

Kevin

dekotaj

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:32 am

MarkM wrote:
Kevin,

Your videos never dissapoint. That was another great one. It's been said before but I'll reiterate it once again. You make that look so easy and boy do I know it isn't. At least for me. The Guild sounded great. Thanks and keep them coming.

MarkM
Thanks Mark.Ya know i love the sound of that Taylor of yours also.Great job on the vids you got up.We both can keep learning and posting our songs. :cheer: :cheer:

Kevin

dekotaj

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:35 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
So Kevin, a Jim Croce lesson? Good!

I say "lesson", because the camera angle and video quality make it possible to observe a good deal of the fretting and picking that you do. A lot to learn there.

Always interesting posts, thanks!

Pierre
Pierre,Kind words,Thank you.What ever you cant make out on the video you let me know.I will help in any way I can.

Kevin

RicksPick

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:49 am

Hi Kevin

Not been on the forum for a day or so and then find this jem
Well done

RicksPick

michelew

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 am

I missed your beautiful playing Kevin. Awesome as always!

dennisg

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:04 am

Kevin, your playing is absolutely beautiful, as always. You seem confident and relaxed, despite the fact that what you're playing is very demanding. Congratulations.

suziko

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:59 am

Kevin- really nicely played (as usual!); not a Jim Croce song I knew, but very beautiful. I, too, am really hoping for some JC lessons some time this year, hopefully. He's an artist my dad introduced me to a long, long time ago.

Just noticed today you're from the Quad Cities. I've got a good friend who lives down there, and we might be coming down this fall for his wedding. Sounds like a nice place to live.

Suzi

p.s. By the way, my 7 year old daughter LOVES your avatar. She's mouse-crazy.

dekotaj

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:53 am

Hey Rick,Michelew and Dennis Thank you,Cant tell you what some of these Croce tunes mean to me.A lot of good times in my youth listening to these songs.

Kevin.

PS Dennis thanks on the sound stuff,Still working on it.

dekotaj

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:29 am

suziko wrote:
Kevin- really nicely played (as usual!); not a Jim Croce song I knew, but very beautiful. I, too, am really hoping for some JC lessons some time this year, hopefully. He's an artist my dad introduced me to a long, long time ago.

Just noticed today you're from the Quad Cities. I've got a good friend who lives down there, and we might be coming down this fall for his wedding. Sounds like a nice place to live.

Suzi

p.s. By the way, my 7 year old daughter LOVES your avatar. She's mouse-crazy.
Thanks Suzi.Please tell your lovely daughter,I get a kick out of the mouse avatar to.

Kind of funny you say your dad turned you on to Jim (LONG TIME AGO)Thats the name of the first song.

Lisa and me like it here.Q.C.If you do make the wedding,and have some time.Lisa and I would love to take you and your family out for some dinner and say hi.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic