The Ballad of Casey Deiss by Marc

cosmicmechanic

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:29 am

Salut Marc

Good for you, nice breakthrough, singing on camera :)

We're just sitting on the floor, passing a guitar around, and your turn was real coooool.

At his prime, Shawn Phillips had a vocal range of 12 or 13 octaves. You sure don't fool around on a first singing post, do you? Keep it coming, Marc!

For those interested, Shawn Phillips has been a household word here in Quebec since the '70s, but not as well known in the US, even though he was born in Texas. He has a following in South Africa, don't know the history behind that.

Here's a teaser for Shawn Phillips' music:

Lavallee

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:38 am

Merci Pierre, I am sure you have noticed that I did not venture in singing during the strumming section where he probably can break glass with his voice.

Thnaks for posting this tribute video
Marc

dekotaj

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Hey Marc,

Thats a great Ballad.A good job of picking this song,good tempo.The flavor of you voice add a good depth to the song.Really enjoyed it.Looking foward to some more post from you.And like on other peoples post With them sing for the first time.The first cut is the deepist.

Kevin

d_dog

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Awesome tune Marc, I really like that. I hadn't heard it before. I think you were just a tad fast but man what a great job!

Lavallee

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:46 am

Kevin:Thanks, you are right that first step always seems higher before than after

Dog: Thanks, I agree with the speed, I listen to the original video and it was a bit too fast

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic