4+20 Updated with vocals

AcousticAl

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:27 am

Hi Izzy,

Others know Audacity better than I-
But it is only an audio program. No video funtionality.

You can use it to tweak/fix/effect your audio separately from your video.

jayswett

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:16 am

Lavallee wrote:
I really the sound of your guitar, how is it connected?
Marc
Very simple guitar setup. A/E guitar plugged directly into the "line in" port of my computer using a 1/4" to 1/8" cable. No amplifier. I used audacity to create the audio portion. There are several advantages that I can think of for doing it this way. 1) Background noise is minimal, and 2) additional, overlying tracks are easily created to make one final adio file of whatever format you choose. Wonderful Tonight, for example, would be well suited for audacity since you can play the main piece, then subsequently add the leads as an overlying track. The final product includes both portions, each played by the same person.

jayswett

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:25 am

Yes, Audacity is free software which does not have a video component. The entire audio component (guitar and audio done separately) was done with audacity. Once I was happy with it, I saved the audio component as a .wav file. The video and audio were then combined using a video editing product called AVS. I've also used movimaker in the past and it works reasonably well, but with some limitations. All of this might sound complicated, but it's really not that difficult. If you go to youtube and search for "audacity tutorial" or "moviemaker tutorial" you will find several helpful instructional videos. Some are better than others, naturally.

suziko

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:03 am

Jay- I loved this!! Your voice works so well for this song, and I think it's one of those songs that is most interesting when someone sings along, as it's rather repetitive otherwise (kind of like Dear Prudence, which I've been struggling with for a while). I hope you keep working at singing and playing simultaneously. I used to REALLY struggle with it, and i'm hardly the master at it now, but the more I've done it the easier it has gotten. In the meantime, setting it up this way with that software was a great idea.

And I know I've said it before, but I'm always so envious of your fingerpicking technique.

beaker

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:41 am

Jay excellent job! Sounded great! good on you for getting that PIP technology going! Beaker.

RicksPick

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Jay sweet
Got that down quickly
Nice to listen to, another nice voice.
RicksPick

nydeggen

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:41 pm

B) Well done!

N.

mcfingers

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:47 pm

That was really sweet. Gotta love that drop down tuning. What a great sound. Nice work.

Steve

jayswett

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:52 pm

BigBear wrote:
Can I ask why you didn't just sing and play it together? You could/should play them together!
I posted an update at the beginnng of this post. Thanks to you and Dennis for the encouragement. It's a start.

buddy

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi Jay,

Great finger picking ! Your guitar sounds great and I enjoyed your singing as well, what are you connecting your guitar to?

I could not hear the vocals in the second video.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic