4+20 Updated with vocals

tovo

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Hey Jay. I couldn't hear you sing but I could see your lips moving! I know I am telling you what you already know. Thing is I didn't see any hesitation in the playing and so I reckon all you need to do now is belt it out and see how it sounds! Mate time to act is now while you are still on a high from the well deserved reaction to your collaboration video. I know you will get there real soon Jay. Your playing is great, give the singing a try.

jayswett

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:14 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Jay. I couldn't hear you sing but I could see your lips moving! I know I am telling you what you already know. Thing is I didn't see any hesitation in the playing and so I reckon all you need to do now is belt it out and see how it sounds! Mate time to act is now while you are still on a high from the well deserved reaction to your collaboration video. I know you will get there real soon Jay. Your playing is great, give the singing a try.
I re-checked the video and was able to hear myself. If everyone else has the same problem as Tovo, I'll take down the video and reassess the situation.

tovo

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:17 pm

jayswett wrote:
tovo wrote:
I re-checked the video and was able to hear myself. If everyone else has the same problem as Tovo, I'll take down the video and reassess the situation.
Oh maybe it's just me? I thought you were just mouthing the lyrics hence my comment. If the problem lies at my end I apologise Jay, here I am encouraging you to sing and you were! Sorry.

BobR

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi Jay,

I just watched your update and I couldn't hear the vocals either. The guitar sounds good though.

Bob

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi Jay,

Vocals are there, for sure. They are on one track and your guitar is on the other track. If someone is listening to a mono signal, they may only get your guitar. Having said that..

That was really well done! Your first effort was good too- but this tops it! I struggle when I try to sing and play at the same time.. It didn't look like a struggle for you at all. Picking was rock steady as usual.. no missed or buzzed notes.

Great, great, great.

Craig

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Jay, I thought that was great! I'm working on that song as well. It really helps me a lot to watch you (and others) post videos of songs I'm working on. Keep on posting. Thanks,
Craig

dennisg

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Jay, I couldn't hear the vocals at all but the playing was beautiful. I've never tuned to DADDAD, but it really looks like fun. I'm going to have to try that.

d_dog

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:24 am

Really nice Jay, really nice. I'm sure you already know the guitar was only in the left speaker, no guitar on the right, also as I'm sure you know, the voice was seeming in the center, but very very quite compared to the guitar.
I hope you can get the vocal/guitar evened out, really looking forward to hearing more. You're a great finger picker.
Cheers!

Lavallee

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:50 am

Jay you sure do that song very well. You have become such a good player. It is great that you repost with the singing. We know you sang while playing, so that barrier is broken

I had my headphone and I could faintly hear your voice in the right side and strong guitar on the left. Must be just a mixing problem.

Marc

abiliog

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 am

Jay,
Very very good job. I love that song and you've played and sang it beautifully.
Like Marc said, just a minor mixing problem.
Abilio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic