4+20 Updated with vocals

Craig

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 am

Jay,
Great Job! I watched your video three times! The first time I was thinking how cool the PIP aspect was. The second time thinking how cool it was your wife gave you all day to play guitar...true love! The third time thinking what a really nice job you did with that song. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it.
Craig

haoli25

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:32 am

WOW Jay. Great job and a very nice presentation too. You nailed it! That was a pleasure to watch and listen to. Your singing and guitar playing compliment each other so well. I am sure that very soon you will be able to put them together in one take. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

TGMatt

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:34 am

lovely job mate

Lavallee

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:18 am

Jay that is a great rendition of the song, your timing is always spot on and your singing is great. I really the sound of your guitar, how is it connected? The PIP was a great idea. I do not see anything to comment but to congratulate as the whole video looks perfect to me

Marc

dekotaj

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:43 am

BRAVO!!BRAVO!!

Jay Wow!

Played it great!

Sang it great!

Great wife to give you all day.One heck of a day!

BRAVO!Kevin

willem

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:27 am

Holy moly,,that's a valentine,, i know you are a great fingerpicker,,enjoyed it very much,
can you tell how you work with that singin part,, i believe you record that with audacity or do you record the guitar also with that,,,greetings

Catman

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 am

Fantastic!

stratman3

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:48 am

Great job, well done, I was messing around with this song for a good part of the day, but your way a head of me, You got it down. Nice everything.
Thanks for sharing. B)

Hydroman52

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 am

Jay,

Very nice job!

izzyhara

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:09 am

willem wrote:
Holy moly,,that's a valentine,, i know you are a great fingerpicker,,enjoyed it very much,
can you tell how you work with that singin part,, i believe you record that with audacity or do you record the guitar also with that,,,greetings
Hmmm.... Valentine's Day must have been 4+20 day as I fooled around with it all day too. Your finger picking is amazing !!! I am still working it through slowly to get the strokes where I want them. Glad my husband is a race car junky and the Daytona 500 was on yesterday. I think he would have shot me if he had to hear me play this, and Judy Blue Eyes, one more time. It was over and over and over and over and over.....
And to follow on Willem's comment, did you do both tracks in Audacity? I am just poking around in Audacity, but would really like some "cut to the chase" instructions to do just what you did. Or anyone else who can pipe in.... my first foray into this software pulled up sound files, no video.... so I am a bit lost.

Again, amazingly good performance. I aspire to play it just like you did.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic