'Stairway to Heaven' by AcousticAl

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:34 am

Thanks guys! Just couldn't resist hitting that record button on my second sing through with Al's superb playing. No, AL didn't know anything about it which made it more fun! Al says it makes his playing better, I doesn't it just shows up how good he's getting at these songs so fast!

willem

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:15 am

AcousticAl wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
A SECRET COLLABORATION
Al, I hope I'm not out of line here... I just couldn't resist this. I have never sung Stairway to Heaven. But when I listened to your video here I found myself singing along. So I got the lyrics out replayed your video and hit the record button in Audacity..... and this was the result (below).
It's all over the place with the timing because I had to sync the tracks in Moviemaker but it was fun for a first time ever.
Hope it's o.k. to do this ... a secret, spontaneous collaboration ;-)

Chris, this was a real treat to come home to!! I'm so glad my version moved you to sing, and you did such a great job of it. Your voice makes my guitar playing sound better as well :)

Cheers!
WoW Guy's,this was really great,,where would that lead at,,,your both where exelent.. Al, that was't silent,,well i think this is a great guitar to practice any time you want without to bother someone.... i go for castration.. or kneel..

reiver

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:08 am

Hi guys - sorry for getting here so late. I seem to be in a different time zone to the rest of the world at the moment.

Once again you have both done what you both do so well. Al, beautifully played, Chris, beautifully sung. Congratulations to you both.

r

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Thanks Stuart! So much fun to be had here.....

nemastetaylor

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:04 am

Nicely done Al. timing sounds good too. Hey, what's the headset about??

Nemaste

stratman3

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:10 am

Al,

Very nice, sounded great to me and the guitar, really cool.
I have not attempted STH yet, but it's on the list.
Thanks for sharing. B)

AcousticAl

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:45 am

nemastetaylor wrote:
Nicely done Al. timing sounds good too. Hey, what's the headset about??

Nemaste

Thanks Roberta,

Re. the headphones- I'm not plugged into an amp- so if I didn't have a headset on, I wouldn't hear properly. This type of guitar is meant to be used either with headphones plugged directly into the guitar, or with an amp. Can't really hear it otherwise.

AcousticAl

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:47 am

stratman3 wrote:
Al,

Very nice, sounded great to me and the guitar, really cool.
I have not attempted STH yet, but it's on the list.
Thanks for sharing. B)

Thanks for your comment Stratman. It wasn't high on my list either due to reasons I listed earlier in this thread. I'm glad I gave it a whirl though. I actually find it a relaxing piece to play.

Lavallee

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:46 pm

I was watching you video again and I realize that I was not doing the finger picking properly in the bridge . In my greatness, I overlooked Neil's lesson because I knew the song. Thanks to you it is now corrected and there will be no more overlooking of Neil' s lesson on what I think I know.

Those personal video are great as you can always learn from them

Thanks Al

Marc

AcousticAl

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Lavallee wrote:
I was watching you video again and I realize that I was not doing the finger picking properly in the bridge . In my greatness, I overlooked Neil's lesson because I knew the song. Thanks to you it is now corrected and there will be no more overlooking of Neil' s lesson on what I think I know.

Those personal video are great as you can always learn from them

Thanks Al

Marc

Glad my vid helped you, Marc. I too find little things that help me in the student video uploads. As a matter of fact, just today I was working on my strumming along with MarkM's 'Sugar Mountain'. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic