'Stairway to Heaven' by AcousticAl

AcousticAl

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm

I had the day off, so instead of looking for work-- I played guitar! :evil:

Here's an early upload of 'Stairway to Heaven'. I tried not to do too many takes before going with this one. There's a few buzzed/missed notes, but oh well.

2 reasons for choosing/uploading this song. One was to demo my new Yamaha Guitar again! The other was about the song in general. I had stayed away from this lesson because it's such a legendary song and I thought it was way beyond my skills. I was pleasantly surprised that it's coming along as well as it is (notice I didn't say 'as easy as it is').

Comments welcome.. thanks for watching.

***Edit- Neverfoundthetime (Chris) overdubbed some vocals to my guitar playing and did an outstanding job!! Check it out.. He posted it on page 2.

haoli25

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:36 pm

You da' man, Al. That sounded great to me. Clearly it is not beyond your skills. I really like the sound of that Yamaha. Did you add a little phasing to it? Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

izzyhara

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Very cool!!! For a real challenge, sing it !!!! OMG that would be so hard !!! Is that one of those silent guitars? This song is really coming along great. Thanks much for sharing.

prawnpig

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Al that sounded great to me.

Dave

tovo

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Al that's sensational man. Really, really good. Any buzzing or minor mistakes are forgotten in the overall quality of the performance. I'm blown away. Massive kudos from down under my friend.

PLUS...I certainly appreciated another look at the Yamaha. It will take a while for mine to arrive but looking more forward to it now.

Oh I meant to ask. Why the headphones? You have it plugged into an Amp right? Can't you just play it like any guitar when it's amplified?

Music Junkie

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Al:

Yet another great upload. Like Tony mentioned, any buzzing you were talking about gets completely lost in the overall kick-assness of the song and your playing..... ;) ;)

Diggin' the new guitar too.

Cheers!

MJ

d_dog

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Awesome job Al! Really great job, but didn't you read the sign? Image

BobR

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Al,

Very nicely done. The guitar sounds really nice.
Nice way to take the day off. :woohoo:

Bob

MarkM

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Al that was awesome. Really sounded great. I liked the small effect you put on and the guitar's tone is very good. You got some chops there. This song is not out of your reach at all. Now I'm waiting for the double necked version..........Thanks for posting. It was a pleasure to listen to.

MarkM

suziko

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Really great, Al! I can't believe how quickly you learned that song. And the Yamaha sounds really nice. I bet you love being able to play as much as you want after-hours w/o fear of disturbing anyone! I know I would.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic