'Stairway to Heaven' by AcousticAl

dennisg

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:42 am

That was close to perfect, Al. And every time I see that guitar, I want one.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:24 am

hey Al, superb stuff! That is just a couple of hours practice away from becoming a party piece for you. The Yamaha sounds very cool with the effects on that.
As to developing that greatest of all rock song..... check your pms (er not P M S, I mean personal mail(s)!). ;-)

The one I tried out did have an inbuilt tuner... sure you don't have one that you've overlooked in your excitement Al?

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:50 pm

A SECRET COLLABORATION
Al, I hope I'm not out of line here... I just couldn't resist this. I have never sung Stairway to Heaven. But when I listened to your video here I found myself singing along. So I got the lyrics out replayed your video and hit the record button in Audacity..... and this was the result (below).
It's all over the place with the timing because I had to sync the tracks in Moviemaker but it was fun for a first time ever.
Hope it's o.k. to do this ... a secret, spontaneous collaboration ;-)

Music Junkie

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Lavallee wrote:
I actually saw that in Wayne's World ( a great classic :silly: ). Wayne wanted to try the guitar of dreams and at the first chord, that manager jump on him and point at the wall with the infamous no Stairway to Heaven when trying guitars.

Great movie to watch with your teenagers.

Marc
That's right! I forgot about that. Next time I am in Sam Ash, I will ask the guy about that. That is probably where they got the idea.....Funny stuff.... :laugh:

tovo

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:21 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
A SECRET COLLABORATION
Al, I hope I'm not out of line here... I just couldn't resist this. I have never sung Stairway to Heaven. But when I listened to your video here I found myself singing along. So I got the lyrics out replayed your video and hit the record button in Audacity..... and this was the result (below).
It's all over the place with the timing because I had to sync the tracks in Moviemaker but it was fun for a first time ever.
Chris that is seriously good imho. After playing backing to 1 singer (you), 1 hack (me) and 1 guitarist (Anton) I think Al can now be officially classed as a professional studio musician!

I'm with Bear on Stairway, I see no reason it shouldn't be played and played often, it's an epic track. I hope Al digs what you have done, I feel confident he will and I certainly do. I think it's probably the best thing I've seen/heard on TG (other than Neil and only yesterday Hector). Brilliant.

heyjoe

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Great work guys

Synching audacity and moviemaker can be a right pain, but when its done right, like you have, it sounds great. Great song, great playing and singing, well done

Joe

p.s I think you may have just inadvertently helped me with a moviemaker multiple layer project I was working on as well, thanks :cheer:

dennisg

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Chris and Al,

I can't even tell you how much I love this collaboration. Fantastic playing, brilliant singing -- it all adds up to a fantastic post. Thanks to both of you.

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:45 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
A SECRET COLLABORATION

Chris, this was a real treat to come home to!! I'm so glad my version moved you to sing, and you did such a great job of it. Your voice makes my guitar playing sound better as well :)

Cheers!

MarkM

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Wow!!! Guys that was great. Al everytime I hear your playing on this song it sounds better.

Chris...... Well what can I say......Your voice is fantastic as always!!!!!! Great job!!!! You have a gift there for sure.

MarkM

Chasplaya

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:23 am

Absolutely awesome guys, listened to Al going solo befoer I left for work this morning so didn't have time to post any comment then Wow when I get home the Big Swiss Cheese has gone and done a Robert Plant on top of JImmy Page. Now all you need is the famous solo tagged onto it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic