Isn't She Lovely

webtvdan

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:46 pm

New strings. Just put on D’Addario Phosphor Bronze – way too much bass amplified. I’ve used Elixir the last year and liked them – thought my first two YouTube videos had a more balanced sound with Elixirs. Had to completely change the crate amplifier settings to reduce the bass and get some balance.

Bought the D’Addario’s after Neil’s last internet broadcast and suggestion to avoid coated strings. Haven’t decided if I like them yet – only been a couple of days.

Tried to smile and get more animated on this video. That’s been the biggest complaint from friends.

Open to suggestions on strings and any other helpful criticism.

haoli25

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:00 pm

WOW again Dan! I'm stealin' that version from you. That was great. About the strings, who listens to Hogan anyway! :) I use the D'Addario Phosphor Bronze on a couple of my guitars and I use the Elixir Nanowebs on two other guitars. I like 'em both.

Bill Image

willem

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Is'nt she lovely made for ..... beautifull Dan,,no critcism

BobR

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Dan,

You've been busy. Once again I really liked what you're doing. I have been sitting here watching TG live and now looking(listening) to everyones great videos. I better go and practice now. :blink:

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:07 pm

This is very accomplished playing Dan.... you have a really cool and sure handed style!

MarkM

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Perfection......

Your skills are very impressive. I still can't believe you took 30 years off. Great job and thank you for sharing.

MarkM

RicksPick

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Again have to say nicely done
Thanks Dan

RicksPick

jayswett

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Glad to see you posting these videos. We can learn alot from these. Thanks for posting.

BigBear

Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Dan- another really fine post! You are very talented. Congrats on all your hard work.

I like Elixir Nano strings a lot but I'm not getting the string life from them I would expect at 3X the price of the D'Addario PB. So I just put the regular D'Addarios back on and we'll see how long they last.

I'm playing a lot more these days but finger oils really seem to kill the coated strings almost as fast as the non-coated. I started a thread about this question and the opinions are all over the map.

Cheers! :cheer:

izzyhara

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Another excellent post. However, I am still playing and reeling about Over the Rainbow. Did you say you had the tab to share with us?
At Neil's suggestion, I have gone to the D'Addarios on my older Yamaha which had coated strings on it that were awful !!! Like the D'A's very well on this instrument. I think we have been learning that certain instruments like certain strings so don't worry if you don't like what has been recommended. Good job for experimenting. You play well enough that I am certain you can tell a difference and you will pick the right strings. I haven't tried the D'As on my high end Breedlove yet but plan to make that change here shortly.
Thanks again for jumping out BIG time on the video posting. Put the rest of us to shame !! Izzy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic