My first YouTube Video- Michelle

willem

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:39 am

Hello Steve,i enjoyed this very much,it's one of my gOals to learn that song and hope there's coming a lesson about it,,strange thing with the reverse in the vid, never saw that..looking forward to see and hear more,,goodluck,, michelle my belle......

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:54 am

Hi Steve, great job and welcome to the video posters' club! I really liked it, very relaxed and very well played. I spent the first 30 seconds wondering if you were somehow filming in the mirror as you looked like a lefty but something wasn't quite right... the wedding ring on the other and the sweat top on inside out didn't seem a likely combination! Will you solve the mystery? And you look young, no doubt about it!

jim56

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:28 am

Well done Steve! Sounded fine to me. Left or right doesn't matter, the performance was good. Thanks for posting. -Jim

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:41 am

Hey Steve,

That was really enjoyable. I thought it would be strictly guitar until you sang halfway through- really nice surprise there. You've got a good voice as well.

Question-
Am I right that your guitar moves around a lot while you play? You seem to bring it back into position a few times during the song. I have a similar problem that a guitar strap helps with (when I remember to use it).

Happy belated!

stratman3

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:41 am

Excellent playing and singing. I love that song, nicely done. As they say you are only as young as you feel. My wife says the same thing, She always asks me when are you going to grow up and ny response is NEVER! Hey, we are really just a bunch of kids anyway.
Thanks for sharing. B)

RicksPick

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:59 am

Nicely done Steve

Impressive first video

RicksPick

suziko

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:47 am

Hi Steve! That sounded great, though I would have happily listened to you singing the whole thing through. You've got a nice singing voice!

mcfingers

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Thank you, thank you, You guys are all too kind.
That's something I have noticed that about this group. You are an exceptionally generous group of individual which is why I joined TG so quickly after spending only a small amount of time checking things, you guys, out.

You're supportive comments only serve to make me want to risk more.

I have been working on an acoustical version of Yesterday. I think I will use my often neglected K.Hirade 1601 (circa late 60's) classical guitar, so ready, steady, soon to come.

Thank you again, Steve

mcfingers

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:08 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Hey Steve,

That was really enjoyable. I thought it would be strictly guitar until you sang halfway through- really nice surprise there. You've got a good voice as well.

Question-
Am I right that your guitar moves around a lot while you play? You seem to bring it back into position a few times during the song. I have a similar problem that a guitar strap helps with (when I remember to use it).

Happy belated!
Good eye Al, Yes, with the glossy finish it does tend to slip a little. That was my new Taylor 414ce LTD BTW and the strap was on and hanging unused while I was fiddling around trying to keep it positioned. :S You are 100% correct, the strap works great..... when you remember to use it. :silly:
Thanks for the comments.
Steve

michelew

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:38 pm

That was really beautiful Steve. Fantastic debut. Your playing was smooth, even though the guitar moved round a little. Your singing was also very enjoyable and matched the song nicely. All round a good job. I was also going to suggest that you investigate a strap, but you obviously know all about that. THe Taylor sounds lovely.

Great work. If your wife's name is Michelle you should definitely serenade her with it - often. If not... well you could always change the lyrics.

I forget to find a pick when I sit down with my guitar and generally end up strumming lightly with my thumb if I'm not fingerpicking. But, I can't get the attack that you're able to make and the same strong return - good job.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic