Coomba-Wonderful Tonight

coomba

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 am

G'day
This is my first upload for you all to have a look at.
Sorry about the quality I only have a web cam.
I was feeling a bit mellow when I started playing this song, Its only a short version and I wasn't sure if I should post it but I thought I should put myself out there.
Any feedback is welcome good or bad.
Cheers
Scott

[video type=youtube][/video]

tovo

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:44 am

G'day Scott. I get in early cause all our American friends are asleep.

I think it's coming along just fine. You're right the webcam quality is bad and that makes it a bit harder to follow but it sounded pretty solid, just some more work to get the flow and the feeling I think. Working on that one myself so it was good to see yours. Well done on getting your first post up mate, first one is the hardest.

Good on ya mate.

mark

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:45 am

Hi Scott

Really nicely played.

I did notice one technical thing. Everytime you do a bend you can hear another note ring out. This is one of the open strings which has been touched when you have done the bend.

I haven't played electric guitar for a long time but I know I used to do this all the time. You have to try and damp this out somehow either with the right hand or with one of the left hand fingers.

pbraun

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:52 am

Nice job ith that Scott, sounded real good. The Strat coloring is the same as mine, I haven't tried this song yet but I think it's time to give it a whirl.
Real nice first post!
Pete

michelew

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:58 am

Nice debut Scott. It is already sounding good and will be even better when you have it all together. THe bends have a nice emotion to them. Great to have another Aussie around the place too.

Thanks for posting.

Michele

willem

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:42 am

G'd Scotti,,nice debut,no comment,you get it down,, i work on this one and fingerpicking the verses and in time i try to collaborat to my self the fill and melody notes, maybe to sing to..G'luck to ya..

AcousticAl

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:12 am

Good first upload, Scott. Yes the vid quality was off but hopefully you'll get that sorted out.

I had a strat just like yours- but I sold it. Hearing you play that makes me regret my decision. :(

Welcome to the poster club!

izzyhara

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:49 am

Somehow I read the thread topic so quickly that I thought you were going to do Kumbaya - well just cuz it's early here and I saw your name Coomba and well.... I don't know. I just translated things really twisted in my mind. Sounded good. Thanks much for your first post. The webcam wasn't that bad. I think the big deal is to just get yourself out there, and now you have done that. I agree that the bends have good feeling and you look pretty darn comfortable with this song. Some of these songs you all put out there bring back such memories..... Izzy

jayswett

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:59 am

That was great. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. This song is a great excuse to download and learn to Audacity, as it allows one to make a background track and add the solos as a second, overlying track. I haven't yet done that for this song, but have done so for others and it's really fun. My only advice for Coomba is to spend a couple of hours learning Audacity.

haoli25

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 am

Hi Scott. Very nice. You can't go wrong with good material! I really liked your performance. One thing for you to work on as you continue to practice this song, your timing was a little off in a couple of spots. Try working with a metronome. Slow it down to begin with and gradually build up your speed. Thank you for posting your video.

Nice guitar too.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic