Coomba-Wonderful Tonight

Lavallee

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:59 am

Great video Scott, the overall playing is good. When you will be completely familiar with the song you won't have to look at your both hands which should help with the tempo .

Great first video

Marc

suziko

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 am

Nice job, Scott! The solo sounded great. Loved the sound of those bends.

Thanks for posting!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:39 am

Great to see your first video post Scott. Welcome to the video posters' club. I liked the mellow sound to that, good job! There's a real bush feel to the video..... now tell me you're in down town Sydney in the stockbroker district (if there is one in Sydney)!
Good on ya!

RicksPick

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 am

Hi Scott

Sweet sound , thanks for posting.

RicksPick

MarkM

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 am

Scott,

Nothing much to add that the others haven't already. I like the bit slower vibe you put into this song. Tone was very good and enjoyd the bends. You are well on your way. The only thing left to do is seamlessly go from one section to the other without the slight pauses. I enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting. Geez another in shorts :laugh: :laugh: . Seems like the whole TG world is in a warmer place than I am.

MarkM

webtvdan

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:48 am

Scott,

Well done – I do have a suggestion.

Use the webcam to record yourself playing the rhythm accompaniment part.

You can probably see where I’m going with this :cheer:

Now play back your recorded rhythm and play along with the lead. It sounds better – and it’s fun.

Often record myself - at varying tempos – for the purpose of learning a second part.

I’m also having lighting issues with my webcam.

Dan

BobR

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Scott,

I guess it's all been said. I can only say well done on your first post.

Bob

dekotaj

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Hey Scott,

Bravo!The first is the hardest to get put out there.

Keep them coming.

Kevin

Chasplaya

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Nice to hear this on a strat, two comments one has been said and thats tempo, but that will come with practice, the other is the slides they are slurred legato slides i.e. sound the first not then slide slide into the next without picking it, Clapton adds very slight vibrato to accentuate the second sounding note ( I think) I need to listen again but It didn't sound quite right, but hey well done for first vid, quality wasn't great but good enougth to see and hear so thats the main thing.

Well done

coomba

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:54 pm

G'day
I would just like to say thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement and
good advice, its great to get such positive feedback.
A few quick replies:

Tovo , (Video) I'm going to see about a new camera , I read on one of the forums about the one Izzy was using (Zi8) and I watched her latest vid I was very impressed with the quality and sound.(Izzy performance was also 1st class as usual).

Mark, (Bends) mate I know what you mean I am struggling with getting them clean,the open strings that touch as I bend up either get stuck under what little nails I have left or the strings tend to click off each other.I will try your suggestions Thanks.

Jayswett & Dan (Audacity) Great idea I have audacity I will defiantly try recording the rhythm and then playing the melody over it I can see how this would improve my timing and be good fun.

Chasplaya ; (Slides) Cheers mate I think you right thanks for pointing that out.

Mark M I think I was born it shorts and singlet 31 deg here now and it only 11am.

To everyone else for you kind words thanks again.
Cheers
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic