THE LONER

buddy

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Howdy,

I put up this quick video of the loner that I started working on today. It is a little rough and could use some work but I would appreciate any feedback.

Nice to meet you all,

Bud

izzyhara

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi there Buddy. So this was your absolute first post on the Forum, and it's a video. WOW!! I am impressed. Song is coming together nicely. In some of the early riffs, I couldn't hear the high strings very well but you seemed to correct that as you went along. Either that or it is just a video issue, which happens. I am thinking you know your way around a guitar pretty well after seeing this song. Thanks for sharing. And welcome to the forum ---- Izzy.

haoli25

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 pm

WOW!!! You just started working on that today?!?!?! That was incredible Bud. A pleasure to listen to. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

cosmicmechanic

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Very nice rendition in so short a time, well done, an inspiration.

Your guitar's sound has a very warm tone, if I can trust what I hear on this end. It must be a real joy to play.

Now if you people will stop putting up videos, maybe I won't be so distracted and can concentrate on trying to get my taxes done! :side:

Pierre

MarkM

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Bud,

Good job!! That only after one day is great. It took me a week to get this song to where I was comfortable. Looks like you got all the chords right and I like that little intro you did. With more practice you'll have this one down in no time. Thanks for sharing!!!

MarkM

beaker

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Bud, good job, it is coming along. in a week or 2 I am sure you will have it fully ironed out if you made that much progress in a day. I am inspired to work on that one! Thanks. Nice guitar, Seagull maple right? Keep on playing! Beaker.

AcousticAl

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi Bud,

Great first post. You've obviously been playing guitar for a while.
Your guitar sounds great and your strumming/accents gave a new twist on the song that I hadn't heard before.

Question about the verse section. I found it hard to follow the beat when you played the D5 / walk down the B string. It's in the verse section of Neil's tab- measure 3.

Welcome aboard!

Lavallee

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:01 pm

HI Buddy, great first post, it maybe your first video but not your first song. You know where you are going with the guitar. I would suggest to pay some attention to the strumming as sometimes when you are strumming chords like Dm, your hand movement seems to become a little timid an example would be at 1 min 47. Not that it sounds bad but the song seems to loose some volume there.

Glad you posted

Marc

BobR

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Bud,

Very nice first post. Just one day huh, I think I am jealous. Seriously though good job. Keep it up.

Bob

buddy

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks to all for the feedback it was very helpful and constructive. I think I picked this song up rather quickly because I already knew Cinnamon Girl and some of the chords and transitions are very similar.

Beaker, Yes it is a Seagull Flame Maple guitar. I fell in love with the sound of this guitar and it is very playable. This is my second Seagull as I also have a cedar top that is great for folk and finger picking.

Thanks again,

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic