THE LONER

tovo

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Nice job Bud. Do you have a classical background?

buddy

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Tovo,

Not really a classical background but I was sitting in a low chair for that video and it made it look like a I was playing in a classical position. I do tend to prefer a nose up position when I play.

Take care,

Bud

Chasplaya

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:07 am

Great first post Bud. Nice sounding guitar too. YOu certainly seem to know your way around on that song. NOt sure what was going on with your audio at times it seemed to rise and fall at times. Can I suggest you try for a more percussive strum, I haven't heard this done acoustically by Neil Young (that i can remember) there are a couple of good covers on You Tube one by a guy called 'All1song' worth checking out he tunes down to CGCFAC similar to Don't Let It Bring You Down and he uses the percussive strum and plam mutes; another is Miker2 who does a trad version. Check em out.

But hey this was really good and i enjoyed listening.

Chas

RicksPick

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi Bud
Another good video
Glad your jumping in
Keep them coming

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Welcome Buddy and well done on your first post... welcome to the Video Posters' Club! Your guitar sounded great although it sounded like your microphone settings were equalising the sound volume at times. That's one upright Seagull! Well done, just keep them coming.

michelew

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:56 am

Buddy that was really impressive, especially given the amount of time you've been working on it. Great post. THanks Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic