Modern Day Prodigal Son

Craig

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:02 am

Wow Bud! Great job! I wish I had something original to add but I can only jump on with the rest... nice finger picking, nice voice. I really enjoyed listening to your post. Thanks for sharing!
Craig

Chasplaya

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:23 am

BUd great voice, don't know the song at all. But I do admire guys that jump on in and sing.

One comment someone with more technical skills than i can maybe help but I think you need to record voice separate or mike the guitar as your voice drowned out the guitar at times , what guitar could be heard clearly betweeen verse was very very good. It needs to be balanced somehow or mixed might be the correct term. get the technology sorted and no stopping you.

cheers

Chas

pbraun

Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:56 am

Wowtha t was great, Let's see some more!
Pete

pbraun

Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:56 am

Wowtha t was great, Let's see some more!
Pete

willem

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:16 am

Bud(dy), i enjoyed it very much, alway's nice to hear somebody tell's singin a story,,then tears are coming,,

jayswett

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:12 am

That was fabulous. I have absolutely nothing to add. Great performance.

izzyhara

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:47 am

WOW !!! You have a beautiful voice. What I especially liked about this is that you clearly love this song and it shows in your rendition. I can't sing well either IMHO but I love to sing. My competition entry "Feels Like Home" is certainly not going to make me a star, but I love that song so much that I think it shows in my performance, even tho there is nothing outstanding about either the singing or the playing. Ditto what Chas said.... your voice is strong and drowned out the guitar sometimes. This whole sound thing has me struggling as well. I am trying to not spend the family budget on amps and mics, on top of what I have already spent on instruments and video camera .....
Thanks for the wonderful post. That is a pretty powerful song and I enjoyed your interpretation.
Izzy

jim56

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:14 am

izzyhara wrote:
WOW !!! You have a beautiful voice. What I especially liked about this is that you clearly love this song and it shows in your rendition. I can't sing well either IMHO but I love to sing. My competition entry "Feels Like Home" is certainly not going to make me a star, but I love that song so much that I think it shows in my performance, even tho there is nothing outstanding about either the singing or the playing. Ditto what Chas said.... your voice is strong and drowned out the guitar sometimes. This whole sound thing has me struggling as well. I am trying to not spend the family budget on amps and mics, on top of what I have already spent on instruments and video camera .....
Thanks for the wonderful post. That is a pretty powerful song and I enjoyed your interpretation.
Izzy
Bud well done, I quote Izzy, she summed up my thoughts. Do you know Kenny Chesneys' "Who You'd Be Today"? Your voice is a good match for that one. And talk about a tear jerker! I would love to get that one as a lesson. Thanks for posting. -Jim

jim56

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:15 am

izzyhara wrote:
Izzy
Bud well done, I quote Izzy, she summed up my thoughts. Do you know Kenny Chesneys' "Who You'd Be Today"? Your voice is a good match for that one. And talk about a tear jerker! I would love to get that one as a lesson. Thanks for posting. -Jim

buddy

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:15 am

Thanks to all of you for your kind words of encouragement, and thank you also for the constructive comments regarding the audio.

I am using a Logitech pro 9000 Web-cam that I picked up yesterday and I am still working out the bugs in it. I think I will try hooking up the guitar to my amp and using a michrophone next time to see if it will balance out the sound. I think the audio settings on the web-cam are self adjusting and it may be picking the guitar up as backround noise and filtering it out.

Any other tips on this would be appreciated.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic