You've got to Hide Your Love Away- MarkM singing 2

MarkM

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

OK now. After reading all the supportive comments from that really poor performance yesterday I took advantage of my wife and kids going to the gym today. Sooooo I wrapped up some work and put the camera on. Grew a set and raised my voice (which may or may not be a good idea). Well you can hear me now for certain. Still not going to win any awards but at least I gave this an honest effort. The guitar playing did suffer a bit as I was trying to maintain a semblance of volume and key/tone/whatever else singers try and do. I think I'll go back to playing for a while now. I did listen too it with headphones (didn't want to scare the dog) and it does sound better to my ears. Well the guitar sounds fuller anyway. Not sure where my voice/range needs to be as I'm completely ignorant of it. So I kind of when with a higher voice on this compared to my speaking voice if that makes sense.

MarkM

izzyhara

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Awesome !!! Your voice is definitely good high.... your pitch is better, as is your projection. The only time I saw you falter from pitch (and confidence???) was when you were doing the guitar run. "you've got to hide your love away". Actually I always have problems with this song getting that low note on "away" to sound right if I sing the song correctly the rest of the time. I think also - I might have to listen again - that there is an octave difference between the notes in the guitar run and where you are singing. That can be hard to do, because it sounds funny to your ear sometimes. Man you have made quantum leaps in what---- two days? Really really good. I am thrilled for you for doing it, and for me, cuz I get to listen !! Izzy

dennisg

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Vocals on version 1: 60 percent on key, 40 percent off key
Vocals on version 2: 85 percent on key, 15 percent off key

Mark, I couldn't care less what was happening to your playing. I'm just thrilled that you made such an improvement in your singing. Going up an octave and projecting more made a huge difference. And it's only going to keep getting better. Congratulations.

RicksPick

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Give that man a big clap

Mark SO well done
What an improvement

RicksPick

haoli25

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:00 pm

You ROCK Mark! I like the louder you video much better. I think we have another singer on the site. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

BobR

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Mark,

You seemed relieved when it was over, but I thought you did a great job with the singing and the playing.

Bob

AcousticAl

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:31 pm

Even bigger props for taking everyone's advice and taking another run at it. This was even better than the first one. I can totally see you playing around a camp fire and people digging it.

Kudos.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Hey! Now you won't hide your voice away!

Great progress - soon you'll surely be a soloist in a boy band :)

This a gas, I offer no in-depth analysis, great that you reposted!

Pierre

mcfingers

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:37 pm

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!
You sounded so much better and Dennis is right, you will get better and better each time you sing. As I said in the other post, if an octave is too high, use your capo and find the key that feels the best for you. It's all about experimenting.
Way to go!

Steve

dennisg

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:37 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
I can totally see you playing around a camp fire and people digging it.
I can see that, too. But I can also see your tennis shoe melting. Mark, you should really sit further away from the campfire.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic