You've got to Hide Your Love Away- MarkM singing 2

d_dog

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:44 am

HEY!
You've got a hit on your hands! So cool Mark, that was awesome that you let it rip! Great job man. Really looking forward to more.

AndyT

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:03 am

The thing that really made that video great was you putting your neck out there with the singing. That is very hard to do. Play and sing at the same time is not easy, and especially if your worried about your voice flipping out every other note.

Pizza to you.

hasben

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:18 pm

Mark I echo most of what has already been said. Good job. I think that once you come to grips with the fact that you actually can "carry a tune", do a little more practice, then you will have jumped a big hurdle. My point: You got a voice. there is absolutly nothing "off" about it. The few times you may have become a bit "flat"-- very few-- were only minor slips in you confidence meter. Keep on, buddy. You got talent.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:26 pm

There you go Mark... much better! A good interpretation. Pizza for you for taking on board the feedback and moving along so well.

willem

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:27 pm

WOW,,Let put up the fire,,how would sound your third and then capo up one or two frets,,wait till the dog is out and you do well,, loved it Mark..

tovo

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 pm

dennisg wrote:
Vocals on version 1: 60 percent on key, 40 percent off key
Vocals on version 2: 85 percent on key, 15 percent off key

Mark, I couldn't care less what was happening to your playing. I'm just thrilled that you made such an improvement in your singing. Going up an octave and projecting more made a huge difference. And it's only going to keep getting better. Congratulations.
I couldn't agree more. Such a big improvement. Huge kudos mate for singing like you mean it. Gotta say you didn't pick the easiest song for your vocal debut either.

jayswett

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:13 pm

I agree with the above comments. Tremendous improvement. You have officially motivated me to really put forth an effort to sing and play (simultaneously) 4+20. I'll work on it tomorrow and see if I can come up with something reasonable. Great job with this effort. I admire you for going for it like you did, and it paid off. Well done.

dekotaj

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 am

tovo wrote:
dennisg wrote:
Vocals on version 1: 60 percent on key, 40 percent off key
Vocals on version 2: 85 percent on key, 15 percent off key

Mark, I couldn't care less what was happening to your playing. I'm just thrilled that you made such an improvement in your singing. Going up an octave and projecting more made a huge difference. And it's only going to keep getting better. Congratulations.
I couldn't agree more. Such a big improvement. Huge kudos mate for singing like you mean it. Gotta say you didn't pick the easiest song for your vocal debut either.
TONY beat me to it,Damn Mark what a first song.Thats is not and easy Beatles song.

BRAVO!!MARK BRAVO!!

MarkM

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:28 am

Bud,Dog,Andy, Fred, Chris, Willem, Tony, Jay and Kevin, phew that was a lot of you. THank you so much. I'm glad that you all have a better opinion of my playing and singing than I do as it really helps me take stock in what I can do at the moment. Without the support I get at this site. I would certainly not be having as good a time that I do and I believe my progression, small as it is, would be slowed down a great deal. So thank you very much for your support and I look to do better with the next song.

MarkM

michelew

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 pm

MArk,

What an improvement in such a short time! You should be really proud of yourself. That was great and fun to listen to.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic