You've got to Hide Your Love Away- MarkM singing 2

MarkM

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks all.

Izzy - thank you. I think that If I sing this again I'll do it without the slide/run and continue with the chords instead. Thant way there are more notes to hide my voice.

Dennis - thanks. I have to keep the guitar part as good as possible to hide the serious limitations of my voice. Practice, practice, practice.........

Rick - Thanks for thinking so. I'll agree with you as there was no where to go but up from the fist one.

Bill - Thanks but I'll stick to trying to become a much better guitar player. I can learn that. Singing..... well I think you have to be born with a gift. I feel like Charlie Brown getting a rock. :laugh: :laugh:

Bob - Thanks. I was actually surprised it was over. This is a very short song. Don't tell anyone but I was having fun.................

Al - I couldn't just leave it alone and as I'm pretty stubborn I had to try and improve. Even if it was a miniscule amount.

MarkM

MarkM

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 pm

dennisg wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
I can totally see you playing around a camp fire and people digging it.
I can see that, too. But I can also see your tennis shoe melting. Mark, you should really sit further away from the campfire.
Can't help it. Its cold up here in the northern woods of NH.................

MarkM

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Steve & Pierre thank you!! Let's not get carried away now though. :) :) :)

izzyhara

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Sorry dude. Don't buy into the "hide my voice" trick. We've all heard it now, and know how good it can be.

wammer

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Mark.......you rocked it this time.

So this is the right direction now practise practise practise. Sing the same song over and over loud and louder. soon it will just be something that you do. Man if you can improve that much that fast just think of the possibilities in the near future. Don't be afraid. I to like when no one else is around so you can just let it rip. you will soon be very comfortable....no lookin back now

P.S your comment at the first of the video mad me chuckle

Thanks for sharing Tammy Ontario Canada

mcfingers

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:47 pm

MarkM wrote:
Steve & Pierre thank you!! Let's not get carried away now though. :) :) :)
Don't sell yourself short. I hear potential there. Really. When I first started singing I sounded like Louis Armstrong under water. No lie.

AcousticAl

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:59 pm

MarkM wrote:

Al - I couldn't just leave it alone and as I'm pretty stubborn I had to try and improve. Even if it was a miniscule amount.

MarkM
The way I look at it- most of us aren't going to be rock stars. I just want to be good enough that people either don't mind hearing me play/sing or actually WANT to hear me play/sing. Not there yet, but I'm stubborn as well.

B)

Lavallee

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Mark this is just great, the first video you had to do it, this one you enjoyed doing it, and it shows in your voice.

Marc

MarkM

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 am

Izzy - Thanks. You make me laugh as you seem to have more confidence than I do in my ability level. Love it. Keep pushing.

Tammy - Thanks. Yeah that comment came out as I was sure that that take wouldn't make the cut. Once I started to think about the singing I couldn't play the song anymore. I was a mess there for a while. Well still am I suppose. Thanks for the support and I'm looking forward to my next long car ride where I can "practice" with the radio turned down this time.

Steve - You give me hope.

Al - aint that the truth. Yup I want people to ask me to play instead of looking for something else to do.

Marc - Shhhhhhh. It was supposed to be a secret that I was enjoying myself....... :laugh: :laugh:

MarkM

buddy

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:13 am

Mark,

Way to put it out their. I want to encourage you to just keep going for it. The more confidence you gain from listening to yourself and the feedback you get, the more your voice will come out.

It will be really cool to watch you blossom in your talents and love for music.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic