Instrumental version of Tears in Heaven

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 am

Great job Steve, just listened to that twice through off the bat .. really liked it. I think Bear has something when he suggests a slightly lighter attack.... as you have this song down realy well now, you can probably afford to go at it a little lighter and it may come out really smooth. Great work, I'm enjoying your posts.

Catman

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:03 pm

Nice work.

I am working on this too. I saw that Eric often plays this with a nylon-string guitar, so out came the old classical clunker. The CC doesn't intonate very well, but I like the mellower sound. I'll post this soon.

David

mcfingers

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks Chris, I appreciate your comments. I am going to work on smoothing out this song. I think I was nervous about preforming this for the post and I wasn't as smooth as I can be.
That should change as I post more and more.
Thanks Again,
Steve

mcfingers

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Catman wrote:
Nice work.

I am working on this too. I saw that Eric often plays this with a nylon-string guitar, so out came the old classical clunker. The CC doesn't intonate very well, but I like the mellower sound. I'll post this soon.

David
Funny you mention that because I learned this song using my nylon string classical guitar.
I may have to break it out too.

Cheers,
Steve

Chasplaya

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 am

mcfingers wrote:
Many thanks Kevin, Chas, and Marc.

Chas, It's interesting that we both have the same book and different interpretations of the song. I'll bet it has something to do with being on opposite sides of the equator. :P

Steve
Duh of course I should have realised mine is upside down....

nemastetaylor

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:25 am

Nice version of the song. You are hitting the hammer on really good. I didn't notice the buzzing too much. I have Elixir 12's on my Taylor. I notice notice them buzzing. When I get around to posting again you can let me know if they buzz.

Nemaste

jayswett

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:30 am

nemastetaylor wrote:
When I get around to posting again you can let me know if they buzz.

Nemaste
Looking forward to that. By my calculations, it's been a while. No pressure, but I must say I enjoyed your previous videos and had noticed that your video posting frequency had dropped. Glad to hear you are considering posting more.

thereshopeyet

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic