COME AS YOU ARE - NIRVANA ACOUSTIC VERSION

buddy

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm

I have been working on this one for about a week. It has been a real challenge because it has an offbeat rhythm that is difficult to keep steady and the right had picking requires a steady baseline with the thumb while picking the chorus with my fingers at the same time. The left hand gets a little tricky as well. You can see it is still somewhat rough but I thought some feedback and comments would help me move it along.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the feedback and encouragement from you all as it had really invigorated my motivation with the guitar.

Bud

jayswett

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I agree with you that it needs some work, but nothing that some time won't take care of. The thumb work does look complicated.

BobR

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Bud,

I see what you mean about the right hand. Tough timing. But based on your other post you should have this down soon.

Good job

Bob

Chasplaya

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:40 am

Great song to play, Kurt Cobain and Pat Smear tuned down half a step for the MTV Unplugged show for this.

YOur effort is commendable combining the two guitars of Cobain and Smears. To get the signature feel I would recommend more emphasis on the opening riff and leaving it to stand alone for longer Nirvana play almost 20 bars of the riff before playing the chorus and chords .

Still enjoyed that very good.

[Edit} Just played again and realised you'd added the melody but kept the riff going for the 20 bars

Lavallee

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:22 am

That is a nice version of the song, I like these quick thumb bass line, You should consider Linus and Lucy that Neil is giving as lesson. If you have the guitar Pro file of your version I would like to have it. If you do, just PM me and I will send you my private E-Mailas we cannot download a guitar pro file (unless it changed recently).

The challenge on those is to get the timing between the bass and the melody. Lots of repetition, driving the people around you crazy ;)

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Nice work Buddy. Like that thumb stuff.... you really should push on with this and perfect an already good version. I'm calling you Mister Post Man from now on! Keep them coming ... this is the fun of TG.

buddy

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Marc,

Yes, Driving them and us crazy. I don't have a guitar profile on this as I don't yet know how to use that application.

Bud

Lavallee

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Buddy check your TG E-Mail

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic