BLUES ON THE CEDAR TOP GUITAR

buddy

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:50 pm

I pulled out the cedar top Seagull mini jumbo guitar and recorded this little ditty that I heard on Youtube. I love playing the blues. B) I don't have electronics on this guitar so I moved it a little closer to the mic to bring out the sound.

Any feedback or ideas on how to improve it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bud

MarkM

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Bud,

Nice job. Guitar sounds very good with this style. I really liked the part that started around the 35 second point. You did a very good job with the bass notes there. My only suggestion would be to slow it down just a bit so you hit all the notes a little more cleanly. Other than that it was really very good.

MarkM

tovo

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Well although you've asked for tips on improvement Bud I'm struggling. I enjoyed listening. I guess it could get cleaner with further practice, did you only just start playing it? All I can really say is that I really enjoy the blues.

willem

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Well buddy Johnson,,i though you were out and riding the horses but you had some fun with the bleus,,nice ,,maby Chas can add some slide to it,,,wish i cuold play some bleus,, i reconise one little famous riff,,used in ''the key to highway'',,thanks bud(dy)

michelew

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:47 pm

Sounded DAMN good to me - keep them coming Bud.

BobR

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Bud,

Really nice. I like the blues. I would agree with Mark if you slowed down a bit you'd have it licked(no pun intended).

Bob

Chasplaya

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm a big blues fan, and this was good, improve it well hard to say more emphasis when you hit those blue notes and tempo might be a bit fast. BB King would say less is more.

I liked it, inspired me to get my resonator out and play some blues.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic