Rocket Man - D_Dog

dekotaj

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:30 am

BRAVO!!DOG,BRAVO!!

Like everyone else that was cool dog.I cant wait for your next post on it.

Fantastic job

Kevin

dennisg

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:20 am

Fantastic job on a great song, Damian. I wish I had your pipes!

Lavallee

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:28 am

Damian, this is a really good interpretation, you have such a great voice. It is great that you can find your own chords on the web, something to work on.

Marc

jimcjimc

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:02 pm

That was great!

BobR

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Dog,
You're doing a real good job on that.

Bob

buddy

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Damian,

That was cool. You have a very good voice and the guitar was nice as well. This is just a great classic song.

d_dog

Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement. I've been really apprehensive about posting a non-TG lesson song, I guess I had it in my mind that this was originally intended for help on lesson songs, but as it's evolved I suppose it's more open than I thought. I do think it's a slippery slope to post lessons though, if a person puts up a song that's way off base and not really correct then I think that's detrimental to everyone, but then again if this were to happen I think we could all self regulate it pretty well. Anyway, I thank you all. I don't think I'll change the key, I am not a fan of singing songs in keys they were not recorded in, or better to say that are in the familiar key, it just changes the whole dynamic and flavor of the song. I think when my voice is 100% back and I practice the playing so as not to interfere with the singing, I can hit the off notes I hit in this version, (you off notes know who you are...) I consider this in my range. I certainly don't claim that I'm singing correctly (technique) though. I really can't wait for the singing lessons!

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks for posting this, Damian.

I've actually done a few how-to vids for some members on here, but posted them privately. I do like the idea of members showing members. However, I also think you're right about it being a slippery slope.

My general thoughts-- We're all very supportive of each others' attempts at our Student Review Videos. We've seen the lessons (if it's on TG), and all know how it's supposed to be played.
What if someone posts something that is just too out there? Bad fingering, wrong chords, bad everything? Do we all pile on? Does it get pulled? If you think about it, it's a different vibe if it's a how-to video vs. someone just posting their version of a song.

Don't get me wrong-- I like your video, and your version of the song. I wish I had your pipes!
I also like this idea in general.

I don't know the answer. Just wondering other people's opinions on it.

TGMatt

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Showing the chords to a song like this is ok..

teaching a song is not..

This is great Upload as well mate..well done.

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Showing the chords to a song like this is ok..

teaching a song is not..

This is great Upload as well mate..well done.

That's great Matt. Good to have some guidelines.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic