How to get tossed out of Guitar Center

dennisg

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Want to know what it takes to make the manager at Guitar Center nervous? Just walk in with a video camera, start poking your nose into other people's business, yank a three-thousand-dollar guitar off the wall, then start warbling passionately.

Works every time.

That's what d-dog and I did the other day after he PM'd me to to meet him at Guitar Center. I took along my video camera and recorded my grand entrance into the store, a little kibbitzing with the staff, and finally some jamming. What I did not record was the manager explaining his concern about showing Guitar Center in a bad light. Since I had no intention of doing that, he agreed to let me turn the camera back on.

Here's me and d-dog Damian.

pbraun

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:09 pm

That was great guys, looked like alot of fun. What guitar did you end up playing?
Pete

TGMatt

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Denis and DOg..

This is outstanding...and perfect . and something I have wanted to see, a band of reporting and roving TG'ers filming little spots to share with the rest of us..

Just great..
Thx guys..you have shown how easy it can be done...

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Really neat guys! Best way to spend a cold wet day.
That guy who was practising thought you wanted to know what he was praying Dennis ;-).

wammer

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Well that was fun....Thanks guys for sharing...very cool that some of the TGers are starting to meet up.

Tammy

tovo

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Hey guys I really enjoyed my virtual visit to Seattle and Guitar Center. looked to be a pretty awesome store and I'm glad you were able to talk the Manager around. I guess if you were doing a hatchet job on them the Manager would cop hell from his superiors about why he let this guy walk around his store with a video camera bagging the hell out of the place, so I kinda understand his concern.

Anyway the playing was cool. What a great chance to hook up with a fellow TGer and have some fun. Pretty good performance for an impromptu jam as well.

Very enjoyable, thanks for doing that Dennis and Dog.

Lavallee

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:40 pm

This is great that you guys took the time to meet and take a video . great singing, and Damian that Jim Croce song is coming out niceley. I noticed Dennis that you made a pause on Tom Petty's guitar book. One of those subliminal experiment?

Marc

BobR

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Guys, that was absolutely fantastic. Great Jam. Dog you get around. :laugh: I just visited the Guitar Center here in Attleboro MA last week to pick up a mike and I went into that exact room (the second room with the $$ axes)3000 miles away. I was amazed that they let me play any guitar. Too bad I don't have any $$.

Dennis, Thanks for posting it was great.

Bob

izzyhara

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:53 pm

That was just wonderful. Dennis, I have decided you are a crazy man !!! Like someone else said - great virtual tour. I wish you would have shot more video of Tyler - he was really cute !!! Or sorry... Did I say that outloud?
Had you two ever met up before? Great rendition of Here Comes the Sun. The Croce song is coming along nicely....
We are all getting really dangerous with our video cameras.
Loved it!! Loved it !! Izzy

MarkM

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Great job guys!!!!! Thanks for the field trip Dennis!!

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic