'Just Breathe' by AcousticAl

jayswett

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:43 am

Never heard that song, but it's a beautiful one. I can see why your wife asked you to learn it. I added this post to my favorites list as I'd love to learn the song from your video. It will give me a legitimate reason to use G chord fingering that I find easier. Your guitar playing was very good as usual; not quite up to speed relative to Eddie's rendition, but a week or so of continued practice will fix that minor problem. You obviously have the fingerpicking pattern down, just a matter of picking up the tempo as the fingerpicking becomes more automatic. I'm off to itunes to download that song.

michelew

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 am

Al,

That already sounds great - very pretty and just like Eddie's. Any improvement form here is just a bonus. It is a gorgeous pattern.

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:11 am

jayswett wrote:
Never heard that song, but it's a beautiful one. I can see why your wife asked you to learn it. I added this post to my favorites list as I'd love to learn the song from your video. It will give me a legitimate reason to use G chord fingering that I find easier. Your guitar playing was very good as usual; not quite up to speed relative to Eddie's rendition, but a week or so of continued practice will fix that minor problem. You obviously have the fingerpicking pattern down, just a matter of picking up the tempo as the fingerpicking becomes more automatic. I'm off to itunes to download that song.

Jay- funny you should write this, I can totally see you taking this song on with your mad pickin' skills! It's actually a tough pattern for me to keep steady. Let me know how you fare.

suziko

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:41 am

Al, Wow, well done! I can't believe how quickly you got that song to this point. Sounds beautiful. It's a song I wouldn't mind tackling at some point, too. Your video will certainly be helpful to consult once I get around to that.

Suzi

dekotaj

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:53 am

Hey Al,

Great job.Like everyone has said,really enjoyed that picking pattern.

Never heard that song.

Your Wife has good taste in music.So I guess we should give her a shout out for having you do this song.

haoli25

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Al, this would be a good song to add to the lesson request thread for songs from 2009. I agree with your wife, Eddie Vedder did a great job on this song and the entire "Backspacer" album is very good.

Bill

dennisg

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Very nicely done, Al. Knowing you, you'll own this song in no time.

jayswett

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:23 pm

I've watched this a dozen times today. I just love it.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Yup, I'm impressed too, I watched it, then the Vedder video, then went back to yours again.
It's an almost perfect take, and I only wish the view of your playing allowed
more of a view of the chord fingerings.
Then again, the view of the picking pattern would suffer ...

Good post!
Pierre

AcousticAl

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Nice one Al, coming along nicely, take it your playing through your Micro BR? AS Mark said the volume on the treble falls of a bit other than sounds good, can't recall hearing this one before either.

Good job on picking tunes up so quick, thats a talent to be envied mate

Chas

It is through the Micro, Chas. But I didn't put any effects on it. Maybe I'll play with the settings a bit next time..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic